Ostara Giveaway!

  • Kelli Lincoln
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2007
      Happy Spring, my friends, and a blessed Full Moon to you as well,

      My kids remind me that Ostara is fast approaching (they love this holy day!), so it must be time for another giveaway! Last month a small handful of dolls made their way out into the world, so this time I will be giving away a Springtime altar cloth for some lucky person's altar. I am attaching a photo of the cloth here, but I've also set up a page on the website where you can see it (for those on digest, etc.) and the deadline for entries is next Saturday March 10th. For new members (welcome!!), just email me with your full name, and I will add you to the lucky bowl from which I will choose the winner. :)

      Despite a spectacular burst of energy at the beginning of last month, in which I started all kinds of new and interesting projects (many new dolls, a sitting Goddess mama, and a new line of pocket goddesses to name a few), I unfortunately experienced a major slow-down with my sewing because our family has been passing along some sort of super-virus which is now in its fourth incarnation (!) It's ridiculous! Re-birth at this time of year is all very nice, but not with colds! Sheesh! I sincerely hope most of you have managed to avoid this terrible illness!

      A few odds and ends to tell you about. . .

      One of our own, Lady Lisa, has made some sweet menarche bracelets, so if you know of a girl celebrating (or preparing to celebrate) her first moontime cycles and are looking for a nice gift, please check them out here. They are handmade with lots of love and very affordable, too.  What a special gift paired with a Luna doll, or the soon-to-be-unveiled Changing Woman doll. :)

      I have added a set of zodiac signs to the embroidery page, and I think they will look quite nice on dolls like the Kores and Muses, which would make a very nice baby gift. Take a look!

      A few of you had once asked me for a list of some of my favorite books, and I finally found a nice way to share them. On a completely un-doll-related note, for the Nourishing Traditions people out there, I also added a page illustrating my technique for sprouting grains, if you are interested.

      I'm finishing up several orders this week, and hoping to be able to show you at least one new doll next week when I announce the Ostara winner. . .White Buffalo Woman! She and and the new Danu are finished, but need to have their photo-shoots. :) (Although my husband is out of town all next week, so who knows how many of my non-parenting goals will actually be met, lol!)

      If anyone had a chance to see the eclipse today, come on over to the Friends list and tell us all about it! We weren't able to see it here on the west coast, darn it! I would also like to share tips for naturally-dyeing Ostara eggs. :)
      Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

      Blessings,
      ~Kelli

      Dancing Goddess Dolls
      Playful and Spiritually-Inspired Dolls, Quilts, Cards, and Gifts
      http://www.dancinggoddessdolls.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11, 2010
        Happy Spring, everyone!

        I've had a couple of nice Goddess encounters recently. My family and I went to San Francisco to see the Tutankhamun exhibit last weekend, and it was really amazing. One of the things Rhanna and I especially liked was a small wooden boat on which were the most delicate, perfectly-preserved paintings of Isis. There were carvings and statues of other Goddesses, but there was something about seeing the actual brushstrokes, put down by a person for whom Isis was real and present and important. An artist, speaking to us through the ages. Quite an experience!

        We also pilgrimaged to a statue of Artemis-Diana at Sutro Park, and left her a little offering of a sachet with an embroidery of Artemis, filled with wildcrafted Artemesia. Here's Rhanna with the statue:

        So far it looks to be a Goddess-filled year for us! We are also planning to attend the Elderflower WomenSpirit Festival in Mendocino this August. If you are in northern California or southern Oregon, please consider joining us! (Well, of course anyone is welcome; if you've won the lottery or gotten a huge tax check back, come from anywhere, lol!!) I'll be bringing a table of dolls and goodies, as well as my real Goddesses Rhanna and Gwynnie, and would love to spend time with you there! http://www.elderflower.org/

        Speaking of tax refund checks, now might be a good time to join my Wheel of the Year Club! You buy 8 dolls for the price of 6, and I send you one for each Sabbat, all throughout the year. Ostara WOTY dolls are going out in tomorrow's mail, just in time to decorate season tables and Spring altars. Email me for more info!

        This has been a strange month for some aspects of Dancing Goddess Dolls. I had 5 dolls sent but unpaid for, 1 doll lost in the mail, and 11 dolls ordered and made, but apparently no longer wanted. Plus, Paypal started charging a new fee for international currency conversion, which I am annoyed to have to pass along to my overseas customers. I wrote up some new FAQ on my ordering page to cover some of these issues. I am normally not too concerned when people order dolls but then abandon them (I usually just put them in the Etsy shop, although these I will start stockpiling to take to Elderflower, and whatever doesn't sell there will THEN go in the Etsy shop), but my waitlist is pretty long right now, so just as a courtesy to other people who are having to wait for their dolls while I work on yours, please let me know as soon as possible if you've changed your mind on an order. And as for unpaid-for dolls, well. . .I continue to trust people despite this happening a few times a year, but I will now be waiting for checks to clear before sending out packages.

        And speaking of Giveaways (heh), of course this email means that it's time to enter to win an Ostara prize. This Sabbat I am keeping the prize a secret, just to add to the mystery and fun. ;) Details are on the website; the deadline is next Monday, the dark moon. (We've been having nice Esbat discussions on the Ning Forum, btw. . .come join us!)

        I think I am just about caught up with everyone who has placed an order lately, but for some reason I feel like I am forgetting something, so if you have been expecting to hear from me, and haven't, please double-check with me. Between our trip, Gwynnie's teething (2 teeth already!), and general homeschooling-with-four-kids stuff going on, what's surprising is that I don't forget MORE things, lol. ;)

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 11, 2013
          Happy Spring and a Blessed New Moon, everyone!

          Today begins the Ostara Giveaway; I am giving away a pocket Ostara doll, perfect for any Ostara Basket. Email me to enter, and I will choose a winner on Thursday.

          I'll also be putting up the Springtime dolls in the Etsy shop momentarily, so head on over there if you're interested in other gifts for Ostara baskets!

          Many blessings!