Happy New Year to All!

  • Kelli Lincoln
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2007
      Happy New Year, friends!
      2006 seemed to be very challenging for many of us, so it is my sincere wish for a better new year for us all. To kick it off, my daughter and I went fabric shopping (is there any other way to celebrate??) and I now have new fabrics for 17 new Goddesses! I can't wait to unveil them. Soon you will meet White Buffalo Woman, Terpsichore (for bellydancers!), Sigyn, Oshun, Epona, Baba Yaga, Hera, Morrigan, Sibyl, Changing Woman (a new menarche Goddess, finally!), Danu (she's got a pregnant belly!), Sedna, Maat, Sophia, Bona Dea, Jana, and Niobe. Some of the older Ladies will also be getting new embroideries, like Luna's new phases of the moon and Iris' new rainbow. I will work on adding more pocket versions of the Goddesses, and I may also bring back the "Name-the-Goddess" contest for Imbolc or Ostara, because that was fun, so there may be a Mystery Goddess, too. :)
      Updates to the website include a re-set poll for voting for new dolls (I updated the lists to remove all the new dolls I put on last Autumn, so they had to be re-set), so if you'd like to vote again, please feel free (and let me know if you'd like to add anyone to the lists - unbelievably, there are still hundreds of Goddesses out there waiting their turn! LOL!). I also updated photos of some of the recent custom Goddesses in the " Create your own Goddess" section, and those are fun to share with you. I added new photos of embroidery designs and other random images throughout the website, so if you haven't looked through it for a while, you may find new pictures here and there.
      I am working on a handful of quilts right now, and am most excited about seeing the completed Rune quilt (which also includes a few Norse deities. . .what a marvelous baby gift it will be!), as well as a Goddess-themed quilt all in the colors of Twilight. I have all the fabrics for that one sitting here, and I drool every time I pass the stack, lol! That Gods quilt I started last year before Emrys got sick is finally finished, and I will share a photo of that soon. I love it so much that I can't decide if I want to keep it for our home or sell it to one of you! I am also working on a string of prayer flags as well as quarter flags which would be nice for those of you casting circles. I am eager to finish that project to share with you!
      On a personal note, Emrys has made a wonderful start to HIS new year, and is making some great progress with his physical therapy. He has also been sleeping better for the last 2 weeks or so, and getting more than 2 hours of sleep a day has made an indescribable difference in MY outlook! With the Solstice came the return of my own personal Light, and I look forward to seeing the beauty in life again. Thank you for allowing me to share it with you while we walk on this path of the Goddess together.

      Many Blessings,

      Dancing Goddess Dolls
      Playful and Spiritually-Inspired Dolls, Quilts, Cards, and Gifts