Solstice Giveaway and a Doll Salon

  • Kelli Lincoln
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2006

      Many Winter Blessings to you all!

      This is going to be a quick giveaway; I've been meaning to get this email out since last week! I will choose the winner for the Yule Giveaway on Thursday night (Dec. 7th) so I can mail the package out on Friday morning. So hurry with your reply emails! :) As we descend into our own wintery underworlds for the next couple of months, it is appropriate to remember Inanna's journey of endurance and enlightenment, so I am giving away a large 16" Inanna to this month's winner. She looks like this:

      It would be helpful if you could include your mailing address with your giveaway-entry, so I can be sure to get this in Friday morning's mail! (I want to avoid the post office after Friday, lol.) I promise I won't share your information with anyone else. :)

      It looks like January (and maybe February) will have a quilting focus; I have several quilt orders I will be working on then. If you've been considering a quilt order, now would be a great time to ask for a quote; I charge by the square-foot, so each quilt's price is different. I tend not to offer quilts towards the end of the year because I have so many doll orders, so thinking (way) ahead is a good thing here.

      I am also opening a 2-month beauty shop for older dolls. A couple of months ago I was visiting a dear friend from college, and I noticed in her daughter's room her Frigga doll which she had had for a couple of years. Poor Frigga! She had been so well loved that she (her hair in particular) was in a sorry shape. I thought she looked in dire need of a doll salon, and it occured to me that she might not be the only one. Some of you keep your dolls on shelves and altars where they stay beautiful, but many of the Goddesses out in the world are carried and hugged and loved daily, so for January and February, I am offering my doll-salon services. If your doll is showing her age (let's be polite about it!), I will replace her hair and try to clean her up a bit for you. The charge will be $5 to cover supply costs ($9.25 with priority postage). If you would like me to help you with this, just send your doll(s) to me at:

      Kelli Lincoln
      Box 226
      Clio, CA  96106

      and email me to let me know to expect your Lady (or Ladies). :)

      Much luck to you all for the Winter Solstice giveaway!
      Blessings and love,
      ~Kelli

      Dancing Goddess Dolls
      Playful and Spiritually-Inspired Dolls, Quilts, Cards, and Gifts
      http://www.dancinggoddessdolls.com