Summer Solstice Giveaway!

  • Kelli Lincoln
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2006
      Let's get back on track with a Summer Solstice giveaway!

      To celebrate the long days, I am giving away a 6" Lilith, wild forest mother I have been looking to lately for support. I am inspired by recent events to create a new gray-haired Mother (you wouldn't believe how quickly my hair is literally going gray), to honor the huge responsibilities we take on as protectors of the young, but until She is born, I have been using the strength of the forest around me. This Lilith doll is also one of the last dolls I made  just as events started to spiral and I really started losing mental function, so I'd like to release her into the world to symbolize my own recovery and readiness to move onward. (There's a picture attached of the doll I am giving away.)

      Emrys continues to do fairly well, despite a household full of sick people. I guess it's pretty impossible to NOT get sick when you spend time in a germ-laden hospital. I think Rhanna actually has the mumps, although it's hard to say for sure. In any case, I am still living on 2-3 hours of sleep a night as all three kids take turns waking up with various issues - thank goodness the nights are so SHORT right now! At this point I dread turning out the lights each night!

      My thanks to the new members of this list who have heard nothing but non-doll-related news for the last couple of months for sticking with us - I think we are back to the regularly-scheduled program now, and I hope you find it worthwhile to play our little giveaway games. :) To enter your name for the Lilith doll, just reply to this email with your name and I will do a random drawing on the new moon next weekend (the 25th).
      My love best wishes for your OWN family's good health,
      Blessings,
      ~Kelli

      Dancing Goddess Dolls
      Playful and Spiritually-Inspired Dolls, Quilts, Cards, and Gifts
      http://www.dancinggoddessdolls.com

    • Kelli Lincoln
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2008

        Hi, everyone,

        Time for the next giveaway! Here’s the link to the page with all of the relevant information, including the new picture of little Litha! She’s adorable! I don’t have a new quilt square to show you at the moment, but you can see the newest animal familiar, Cat Goddess, at the bottom of the giveaway page. She’s got a sassy, classy look that called out to one of our own, Leslie, who snapped her up from the etsy store less than an hour after I put her up there! J

        Never fear, though, the etsy shop is stocked with a whole new sisterhood of pocket dolls (+ one God) that I worked on while I was on the road. There are some new additions, like Frigga, Artemis, Illythia, and Morgaine, as well as a mini Wolf Goddess, so check them out!

        I think the only other two new things to tell you about are the new dress for Arianrhod (swirly and magical!) and the new card illustrations painted by Megan Welti. They are gorgeous, and she is working on a whole new collection, so stay tuned for more!

        I have been organizing my sewing time into two-week increments, and it’s been working really well, so I will be updating the “ordering” page with the current wait-times for new orders so you know about how long you will have to wait for your Goddesses (I’ll keep a “current ordering information” link on the front page for convenience). Right now, new orders will be in the “Early August” basket, and anything that’s been ordered before today will likely be going out in early-to-mid July (unless we’ve made other specific arrangements).  I am coming up with a Winter Holiday schedule (I know, a whole Solstice away!!) to make my life less stressful this year, and I’ll be sharing that with you at the Lughnasadh giveaway announcement.

        Lastly, I just want to alert you that I have been having a lot of trouble with my outgoing mail lately, and it turns out that many emails I assumed were sent were never delivered, so if you were supposed to hear back from me about something but never did, please email me again and I will attempt to reply one more time. (I have techs working on the problem, but I’ve also been told that Mercury is retrograde and it might not clear up until that’s over, lol. I think I just have terrible email karma!!) Receiving mail hasn’t been a problem, so I should get all of your entries for the giveaway.

        I look forward to hearing from all of you, and good luck in the Litha drawing!

        Love and Blessings,

        ~ Kelli

        Dancing Goddess Dolls

        Playful and Spiritually-Inspired Dolls and Embroidered Gifts