Good News / Not-so-good News

  • Kelli Lincoln
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17 9:25 AM

      Hi, Everyone,

      I just wanted to send an update with new news, both good and not-so-good.
      Good first? Well, fun at least. The good news is that I have made minor progress on some new Goddesses for the collection. I've mentioned this before, but to be specific, Ladies soon forthcoming are the Lady of the Lake (she's basically finished. . .I just need to write her story), Flidais, Seshat, White Buffalo Woman, Grandmother Spider, Medusa (wait till you see her hair!!!), Lakshmi, Sophia, and Boudicca. I've really enjoyed seeing the polls, so thank you for voting for who you'd most like to see! I've also begun a new line called the Scented Sisters (herbs and oils will make them yummy) and lastly, a little group of Seasons which will be companions to a new Earth Mother.

      I just can't wait to finish creating all of these things. Or, more accurately, get back to creating. Which brings me to the not-so-good news. Our little sweet Emrys is ill. We don't know what is wrong yet, but he's been having seizures and other alarming episodes since the end of March/beginning of April, and is clearly not well. Next week we are travelling to a children's hospital to have an EEG and hopefully meet with a pediatric neurologist, so I fervently hope we will have some answers next week. We've been using a variety of integrative therapies (homeopathy, etc.) but it is time to get some answers, so we'll see what western medicine has to say.

      In the meantime, very little sewing has been done lately. Now I know (and I'm sure you agree) that sewing dolls isn't as important as taking care of my little one, but it is still important, at least to me. It's my way of centering, connecting with the Mother, and celebrating life in general. It's important to me both spiritually and emotionally, as well as physically (as a stress reducer!). And it's important to me that I keep my commitments to all of you who have been so generous in your support of my artwork. I did get four little orders out this week, so it's not that I'm not doing *anything* but everything I am doing is very slow.

      So I will be out of touch for several days as we head down to the Bay Area, just so you know. I will post updates on the website on the Ordering page so you can keep up if you want/need to. :)

      Many Blessings to you all,
      ~Kelli

      Dancing Goddess Dolls
      Playful and Spiritually-Inspired Dolls, Quilts, Cards, and Gifts
      http://www.dancinggoddessdolls.com