Beltane Giveaway

  • Kelli Lincoln
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 17, 2006

      Happy Spring, Everyone! I think it's Spring, anyway - we had over a foot of snow yesterday, Mother Nature making up for the lack of snow earlier in the year, I presume!

      Our new home and the forest surrounding us looks lovely in the new snow, and we're settling in quite nicely. With our arrival our new little hamlet has swelled in population from 90 to 95! Some of you may remember me complaining that our last town, permanent population about 200, had too many people - I think we've found the perfect, quiet match in Clio, as long as we can keep the population under 100. ;)  We're just about moved in; I got my sewing room all organized this morning, and it looks fabulous. I can't wait to start sewing and get it all messy. ;) Still a lot of work to do, though, moving-wise. . .the old house is still a disaster area and we really have to motivate ourselves to get over there and finish up the work.

      As long as it's not snowing, I do have web access again, and I will try to make a few minutes each day to try to catch up on the emails that stacked up. For those who need it, my new mailing address is PO Box 226, Clio, CA  96106.

      For the Beltane Giveaway, I am offering a custom pocket Goddess - you win, you choose! Email me by Earth Day (Saturday the 22nd) for a chance to have your name in the hat.

      I hope you are all well and happy. Enjoy your week!

      --
      Blessings,
      ~Kelli

      Dancing Goddess Dolls
      Playful and Spiritually-Inspired Dolls, Quilts, Cards, and Gifts
      http://www.dancinggoddessdolls.com
    • Kelli Lincoln
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 15, 2008

        Bright blessings to you, my friends! Beltane is almost upon us, that lusty time of year, as Guinevere sings in Camelot. J

        (If you’ve never seen this film, treat yourself!! Here’s the fabulous Lusty Month of May here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg4YrOlAkds)

        Anyway, I digress, as people are wont to do during Beltane season, lol!

        This is going to be a short giveaway, because I am behind schedule. I keep trying to finish the few things I wanted to share with you in this mailing, but I’ve barely even been home for a week! During the winter season here, a lot of appointments get postponed due to bad road conditions, so as soon as it warms up it seems like there are a million errands to catch up on, with a lot of driving to do. J

        So as I teased you about in the last mailing, there were dozens and dozens of ideas for the animal friend project, and it really got my creative juices flowing. Wolf is going to be our first to debut, and I have dolls started for her, but I got sidetracked on a really big quilt project I’ve decided to work on throughout the year. And then I was thinking that, with all of your preferred animals so spread out, if I used the animal dolls as giveaways, then maybe only a few of you would be interested in playing each time. How many of you really want a marmot doll? LOL, just kidding, no one chose marmot (not that there’s anything wrong with that! LOL!) ;)

        So for the giveaways this year, I’m going to make 6-inch versions of the Sabbat Kores. The embroideries will be a little bit different from the larger sizes, but I think you will enjoy them, and anyway, several people have inquired about having me make the smaller sizes. So I think this will be fun.

        You can see the Beltane Kore as well as the first quilt block I did on this page: http://dancinggoddessdolls.com/id154.htm

        Deadline for entries is this Friday, April 18th. I know it’s quick, but I am hoping to get all the Wheel-of-the-Year club Beltane dolls in the mail next Monday, and I would like to try to get this little Miss in the mail that day, too. (If you think you won’t be checking email between Friday and Sunday, please include your mailing address in your entry in case you win.) J

        Love and Blessings,

        ~ Kelli

        Dancing Goddess Dolls

        Playful and Spiritually-Inspired Dolls and Embroidered Gifts

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 26, 2010
          WOW, Beltane is almost here!! I hope Spring is treating you well. I am mostly moved (hubby has a couple more trips to make, gathering up the odds and ends), and *barely* unpacked, but of course I planned ahead and I have a 6" Beltane doll to give away. I've been offline for about a week and a half, so this giveaway will coincide with Beltane but the doll won't arrive until after the holy day (sorry!). I also don't have my computer put back together (borrowing this laptop!) so I can't put up the Giveaway page, so this will just be an email announcement. Like a secret sale, lol. :)

          This'll be a quickie, so email me in the next three days (by Thursday) to be entered to win. Again, I'm not really online yet, so I won't be able to reply to very many emails, but I always look forward to hearing from everyone! This will be like a virtual housewarming, inviting you all into my new kitchen for tea.

          Our move went pretty darn well, with a minimum of stress, as moves go. We have left the mountains and returned to the sea, so all of your dolls in the future will include sea whispers. :) Maybe I'll be able to put up some photos soon, so you can see my new sewing room and its views.

          Love, cardboard, and bubblewrap,
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 16, 2011

            Well, it's been exactly one year since we packed up and moved down from the mountains back to the coast; it feels like a decade! So much has happened in the last year that I have a hard time remembering our quiet days in the forest. I had a nice hike yesterday, though, through fields of wildflowers and sweet-smelling air, and I could definitely feel the Wheel turning again.

            So ONWARD, to Beltane! I'm still in the middle of my website update, so I'll just attach a little photo down below to show you the cute little doll I'm giving away this time (or see it here). Normally the minis are 3.5" small, but this one is only 3 inches - super tiny! She can go anywhere with you, or fit on any altarspace, reminding you of the promises of summer.

            I usually try to have new things stocked in the Etsy shop, or new dolls to show off when I do these Giveaways (so I don't have to spam you mid-Wheel, lol), but we've had so much (mostly medical) stuff going on here over the last month that it was all I could do to finish April's orders on time. So maybe better luck next Sabbat. . .I know my mind has been working overtime, and I have a mental list of new projects I WANT to do! :)

            I'll do the drawing on April 25th, so email me before then!
            Love and blessings to you all,
            ~Kelli
            http://DancingGoddessDolls.com

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 26, 2012
              This time of year (in my hemisphere, heh) is good for physical and emotional spring cleaning, and I'm doing a lot of both! Packing up the garage is a huge job, going through boxes of old mementos to try to lighten the load a bit; it's physical AND emotional! So that's how I'm honoring Beltane this year, with a good cleaning. What about you?

              Here's the doll I'm giving away for Beltane this year. I know I just said last Sabbat that I wasn't going to miss any giveaways, but actually I am planning on missing Litha's at the very least (we'll literally be moving right around then), so I packed an extra punch of beauty into this one, to carry over. :)

              Email me by Sunday April 29th for a chance to win her!
              Sending bright blessings,