Imbolc Giveaway

  • Kelli Lincoln
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2006

      Another holy day is around the corner again already!! This Wheel just turns and turns, doesn't it?
      We've played for dolls for the last few Sabbats, so this time I'd like to offer to you a new altarcloth (plus, I don't have any dolls finished at the moment, lol!).

      This is a new embroidery design, a Tree of Life, that I hope you enjoy. This altarcloth is done in Springy teals and magentas, and the subtle spirals in the magenta border echo the subtle spirals in the tree itself. (If you can't see the attached photo, you can see it here: http://www.dancinggoddessdolls.com/id113.htm , at the top of the page)

      To enter the Imbolc giveaway, just email me (first and last names, please, to avoid confusion) and I will add your name to the special bowl!
      The deadline for this one is January 29th (the New Moon).

      When I announce the winner, I will also announce my new order-taking schedule, since I am trying to fit in a little sewing here and there. I'd announce it now, but I'm not sure exactly how I will make it work at the moment, and another week or so of thinking on it will be good. :)

      --
      Blessings,
      ~Kelli

      Dancing Goddess Dolls
      Playful and Spiritually-Inspired Dolls, Quilts, Cards, and Gifts
      http://www.dancinggoddessdolls.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2009
        Bright Blessings, everyone!

        While I was outside in my backyard this morning, there were many singing birds and I swear I saw a tree starting to bud already - yes, Imbolc is just around the corner, but it's too early for that! I'm afraid La Nina is going to rob us of any more snow this year, darn it! I hope you are all enjoying your Winter (or Summer, for our down-under friends!) It's time for the Imbolc giveaway, and I have a 6-inch doll for some lucky person. You can see her here. The deadline for this giveaway is this Friday, the 23rd - good luck!

        In other news, there is pending legislation that may impact my ability to make dolls and toys for you in the future. It's called the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) and if it goes into effect, I'm not sure it will be legal for me to sell my dolls to you, although they are made from natural materials and are perfectly safe (no lead, lol!) Ironically, this law is supposedly just for toys, books, and clothes meant for children under the age of 12, but I don't know if law officials would believe how many of you ADULTS buy my dolls for yourselves! If you'd like to be heard on this issue as I and thousands of my fellow home-based artisans fight this ridiculous government mandate, please read more here, and here,  sign the online petition, and write to your Congressperson and Senators. I guess we'll know more soon, whether we will be able to go on as we were, or whether we need to put our heads together to get around such absurdity (I firmly believe there's always away around, lol)

        Updates to the website include several new customs, a few new new minis, a small Oya I just loved when I finished her, Holly King (he's next to the Oak King), Mokosh, and a few little pictures of one of the Goddess aprons I made. I realized too late that I gave a couple of them away before I took photos, ack! I guess I'll just have to make more. ;)

        It's such a tease to show you these new things while I am not taking new orders - I'm just terrible, I know, and I apologize for it. ;)
        I did put a few things in the etsy shop: Artemis, Mella, Hathor, Cailleach, and the Pentacle Elemental. I may also have a large Hera to put up, and possibly Athena, depending on if she is claimed in the next day or so.

        Part of me misses being super-busy sewing dolls in every spare moment, but I must admit that I've been doing a lot of napping and quite a bit of quiet gestating, which has been nice for my stress levels. All is very well with myself and the baby! Maybe with the next giveaway I will share a photo of my growing belly. :)
        Love and blessings to you all,
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 11, 2011
          Bright blessings, doll-friends!

          Well, we are all moved into our new home, which is lovely and mold-free, and surrounded by some of the friendliest neighbors we've ever had. A good beginning! Unfortunately, my husband is again unemployed (we knew his last job wouldn't last forever, but it had lasted several months longer than we had originally anticipated, so we started to think we were home free. . .drat!), so I am strongly hoping that he can find a new job that allows us to stay in our new neighborhood. Do you tire of all of my moving and new job stories, or is it entertaining? Nothing settled or complacent about my life, lol!!

          Later this week I will move some of my sewing paraphernalia into my new studio, which I am hoping will increase the amount of time I have to devote to creative endeavors. I have been working hard all week and have about a dozen new dolls partially finished, and can't wait to share new photos with you all soon. The inspired energy is flowing! Stay tuned for Coventina, Ariadne, Oshun, a new Aphrodite, and a new Artemis, and more!

          The first thing I am sharing is a selection of Brigid dolls for the Imbolc Giveaway; there are four from which to choose! When you send in your email entry, let me know which one you like the best, and the winner will get to have her heart's desire. :) The deadline is this Saturday the 15th. There's a picture of the dolls on the site, here.