Solstice Giveaway

  • Kelli Lincoln
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2005

      Winter Blessings, Everyone!

      I am feeling particularly blessed this season, since my baby is here! Yay! I had a perfectly beautiful unassisted homebirth, laboring by the cozy wood stove surrounded by my husband and other two kids, and we had a baby boy we named Emrys Tor. He's just perfect, and we are all smitten, even if we are a bit sleepy. :)

      To celebrate Emrys' birth as well as the birth of the Sun coming up (Emrys is Welsh for "Child of Light"), I am giving away a 6" Illythia doll for Yule. Illythia is (one of) the pre-Christian name(s) of Santa Lucia, whose feast day is December 13th, so we'll end the giveaway then (next Tuesday). To see what she looks like, go here: http://www.dancinggoddessdolls.com/id31.htm

      Email me if you'd like to win her, and please forgive me in advance for not responding to you individually - we are still sleeping a lot at weird times, bonding, and babymoon'ing away from the computer. :)

      Thank you all for your support and blessings over the last few months of my pregnancy - I really felt special knowing you were all out there sending me best wishes.

      Solstice Blessings and Love,
      ~Kelli

      Dancing Goddess Dolls
      Playful and Spiritually-Inspired Dolls, Quilts, Cards, and Gifts
      http://www.dancinggoddessdolls.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 4, 2010
        Happy December, everyone!

        Does your MP3 player ever send you messages by playing meaningful songs at you? This morning we were listening to music while making breakfast, and an Ingrid Michaelson song came on asking me, "Home. . .Are We There Yet?" and I could only laugh. It's true that we just packed up and moved about 8 months ago, but guess what - we're doing it again - in TWO WEEKS! ACK! So I guess, according to my music player, we are still just looking for the right place to land. :)

        I finished the last of the Yule orders yesterday, so today I am packing up the sewing room. Where I will UNpack it I am still not certain; for sure I have a sewing spot picked out in the new house, so some of it will go there, but I am also hoping to sublease an out-of-the-house studio beginning in January, so I may just have to wait a few extra weeks to get myself totally settled, doll-wise. I'm in this "in-between" place, doing a lot of personal/emotional inner work and trying to see how the New Me looks on the outside, or how I put in practice this idea of putting my own desires on the priority list. Any other mothers out there know what I'm talking about?? ;)  It feels like a leap, but I am excited about what seems like an important next step. If it all works out, my universe will widen a little, and on the plus side for you, I hope to have an increase in creative time, leading to all sorts of fun stuff to share here. And heck, if the studio proves to really increase my productivity, maybe I will move to an actual shop, with a window and everything, by next year! We shall see!! :)

        I do have a Solstice Giveaway for you. . .this'll be a quick one, because I need to stay focused on getting moved. Deadline is Wednesday the 8th; more info here. Anyone looking for a Celtic Christmas gift. . .I do have three Celts in the Etsy shop: Lady of the Lake, Morgaine, and Brigid, so take a look. :)

        Hope you are all well and enjoying the season!
        ~Kelli
        http://DancingGoddessDolls.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2011
          Okay, first things first: I miss my tomatoes!!!! I told you I would! Breakfast is not the same without my fresh heirlooms. Ah, Winter. :)

          Second things second: Yule Giveaway! Or, shall I say, GiveawayS! For this Solstice, I am giving gifts away to TWO WINNERS! When you email me to enter, specify  if you'd like to win:

          a Mini Yule Kore Goddess Doll
          a Dancing Goddess Dolls 2012 Calendar
          EITHER!

          Pictures of both prizes can be seen here, and you can see all the pages inside the calendar here.

          For last-minute gift-giving, my Etsy shop has 16 dolls, 1 pouch (did you see those yet?? So cute!), 2 quilts, 2 Dancing Daughters, and coloring books, all found here. I can also send a cute gift certificate in the mail, to the person of your choice for any amount; just email me to order. For Solstice delivery, you should place these orders by this weekend so I can mail on Monday.

          For those many of you who already ordered your holiday gifts from me (or from any other artisan!), THANK YOU for choosing handmade!! This is how we heal our hearts (and our economy!)
          As ever, I send you blessings, appreciation, and love!