A personal update

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2010
      Some of you who have been here with me for more than 4 years might remember the saga of my son Emrys. For newer friends, very long story very short, my third child has a cortisol deficiency which results in severe hypoglycemia (a challenge for us basically every hour of every day), and, occasionally, seizures. It's been three years since his last seizure though, so we thought we had it all managed. We were totally blindsided last Friday when he had a 45-minute-long seizure. We really thought we had lost him, to be honest. He is recovering well, though, tough little guy (he is four and half). In the aftermath of this situation, while we try to figure out what is going on, Emrys is very high maintenence, so I know you will all understand if I am even less responsive than usual with emails and orders. I'm not sure how long this new routine will last. . .we have to find all new doctors now, too, in addition to the new daily challenges of keeping his blood sugar high enough to keep him out of danger.

      An tidbit that you, my Goddess friends, my find interesting has to do with Emrys' name. I have learned that one should be careful when naming children after other people! My oldest son is named for King Arthur, and indeed he has a subdued, peaceful demeanor and avoids personal conflict as much as possible, but has quite an obsession with swords and battle strategy, lol. Emrys was named for the wise man Merlin, and in ancient times, the wise man or woman of a tribe was often someone who had a link to the Otherworld in some way, through visions, or some would say today, perhaps seizures. So where did my Emrys "go" on Lammas Eve??  If only we knew! Let me know if you have a theory, heh.

      If you have a prayer circle of some sort, please send Emrys some normal, stable energy, and some deep, calming breaths for mama and family. :)