Lammas Giveaway

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 20, 2010
      I know most of the country is sweltering, so I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I am sitting in my 61-degree house wearing a warm sweater at the moment, and it's after noon. How I love the coastal fog!! Feeling cold makes it a good time to bring up the "Christmas in July" idea; it seems a long way off, but many crafters begin planning for the holidays right about now, because it takes that long to finish anything, lol! Technically I am taking orders for November, but within the next week or two my waitlist will be into December, so if you would like to place a Solstice order, now is a good time to begin planning it out. :)

      So get this: I assumed that, by moving back to civilization, I would have better access to fabric. Turns out I was wrong, wrong wrong! The only thing I can imagine is that, up in the mountains where people are cooped up for 8 months of winter, there is more sewing going on, so there are better fabric stores. My selection here is DISMAL. Which means that a LOT of the dolls and other items I make will eventually look completely different. I guess it's not a terrible thing, since variety is the spice of life, but it's causing me a bit of anxiety!

      Here's the link to the Lammas Giveaway.  I included some photos of a few things I've been working on lately; the Goddess apron is something I can't stop looking at, and both quilts (just a tease in the pics) are taped up on my wall, keeping me happy. Yes, taped. With blue painter's tape, lol.  And I STILL love them. Just wait until they are finished! :) There are some very cool custom dolls in my September sewing basket, so by next Sabbat, there should be new photos to share.

      It hardly seems possible, but Gwynnie is going to be ONE next week! Can you believe it? Here's my little beauty with the most kissable cheeks ever. . .

      Many blessings to you all!
      ~Kelli
      http://DancingGoddessDolls.com

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 25, 2011
        Bright blessings, everyone,

        I've been watching the national weather maps, and when I see the red and white-hot colors almost everywhere, I swear I feel a sense of guilt for the perfect weather we have here on the central coast of California. Wish you could all come visit for a chance to cool off! Maybe seeing this Lammas / Lughnasadh Giveaway will give you hope that the First Harvest, and the promise of cooler weather, is just around the next turn of the Wheel. Reply by Wednesday the 27th to enter for a chance to win! :)

        Many blessings!