Re: [dancer-musiciancompendium] New file uploaded to dancer-musiciancompendium

  • Tracey Duncan
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 8, 2010
      It worked when I pulled it up in Internet Explorer.

      Lady Rosanella Vespucci
      Argent, a hummingbird rising to sinister vert between three roses gules within an orle purpure

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 8, 2010
        I'm glad that it finally worked for you.

        Thanks to Master Gregory, I was able to test 57 different browsers. Some have issues, some don't. In order to keep this POSITIVE, I'm going to list the ones it worked on:

        Avant 11.7 / Windows XP
        Dillo 0.8.6 / Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
        Dillo 2.0 / FreeBSD 7.1
        Dillo 2.1.1 / Ubuntu 9.10
        Firefox 0.9 / Windows XP
        Firefox 2.0.0.19 / Ubuntu 8.04
        Galeon 2.0.4 / Ubuntu 8.04
        Iceape 1.1.13 / Debian Testing
        Iceweasel 2.0.0.19 / Debian 4.0
        K-Meleon 1.1.4 / Windows XP
        K-Meleon 1.5.0 / Windows XP
        Kazehakase 0.5.2 / Ubuntu 8.04
        Kazehakase 0.5.4 / FreeBSD 7.1
        Konqueror 4.3 / Ubuntu 9.10
        Firefox 2.0.0.20 / FreeBSD 7.1
        MS Internet Explorer 5.5 / Windows 2000
        MS Internet Explorer 6.0 / Windows 2000
        MS Internet Explorer 7.0 / Windows XP
        MS Internet Explorer 8.0 / Windows XP
        Navigator 9.0.0.5 / Windows XP
        Navigator 9.0.0.6 / Debian 4.0
        Netscape 8.1.3 / Windows XP
        Opera 7.54 / Windows XP
        Opera 8.0 / Windows XP
        Opera 8.54 / Windows XP
        Opera 9.60 / Windows XP
        Opera 9.63 / Debian Testing
        Opera 9.63 / Windows XP
        Opera 9.27 / Windows XP
        SeaMonkey 1.1.12 / Ubuntu 8.04
        SeaMonkey 1.1.14 / Windows XP

        It's the best I can do - sorry!

        Jane

      • doerksen@island.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 8, 2010
          I'm impressed!

          Halima
          --
          http://www.island.net/~doerksen/

          Quoting Nicole S <Janeeve2001@...>:

          > I'm glad that it finally worked for you.
          >
          > Thanks to Master Gregory, I was able to test 57 different browsers.
          > Some have issues, some don't. In order to keep this POSITIVE, I'm
          > going to list the ones it worked on:
          >
          > Avant 11.7 / Windows XP
          > Dillo 0.8.6 / Ubuntu 8.04 LTS
          > Dillo 2.0 / FreeBSD 7.1
          > Dillo 2.1.1 / Ubuntu 9.10
          > Firefox 0.9 / Windows XP
          > Firefox 2.0.0.19 / Ubuntu 8.04
          > Galeon 2.0.4 / Ubuntu 8.04
          > Iceape 1.1.13 / Debian Testing
        • Nicole S
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 9, 2010
            Hamila,

            I hope you mean that you were able to view it, and not just all the browsers it works with.

            For those who primarily/only use Firefox, I do not have the time/resources right now to have this professionally done. However, my programmer has assured me that this is still on his list and he will get to it - eventually. In the meantime one of the programmers on this list has checked over the HTML code and has not yet found an issue. Perhaps something will be found there...

            I reiterate I am not a programmer. Literally - I'm an HR Assistant. This is the best that I was able to do and I'm sorry that it's not perfect. But, those of you who can view it, I hope you enjoy it.

            Jane

          • doerksen@island.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 9, 2010
              Sorry. Being succinct is not necessarily a good thing! I was impressed
              with the testing done to determine what browsers easily accessed the
              page.

              I did switch to IE to see what you intended, and I like that, too!

              The troublesome bits might be because you are using FrontPage (but I
              am prejudiced there) or you need a bit of coding that is becoming a
              standard:
              -------------------------------
              {angle bracket} !DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
              "http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/loose.dtd"{angle bracket}

              {angle bracket}html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en"
              lang="en"{angle bracket}

              {angle bracket}HEAD{angle bracket}

              I used {angle bracket} so that the things don't make the code
              disappear. The Doctype seems to be a lot more important now for
              reliable display.

              I dabble in HTML. Right now, I'm working on why FireFox sometimes
              turns my pages upside down so the footer is under the header with the
              important stuff at the bottom. I'm going bald with tearing out my
              hair...

              You're doing good! Keep going!

              Halima