Re: [dancer-musiciancompendium] Plea for help

  • Tracey Duncan
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 6, 2009
      The link is not working for me.

      Lady Rosanella Vespucci
      Argent, a hummingbird rising to sinister vert between three roses gules within an orle purpure

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 6, 2009
        ..."The link is not working for me."

        Lady Rosanella, use this:
        http://www.originsofplayforddance.com/dancer_ musician_ compendium.htm

        There was a period at the end of the first one that got included in the URL when it shouldn't have.

        --Ld. Phillip

      • Tracey Duncan
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 6, 2009
          Thank you Lord Phillip, but it is still not working for some reason.  It comes up "not found."  ????

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 6, 2009
            Let me try it again:
            http://www.originsofplayforddance.com/dancer_ musician_compendium.htm

            (For some reason, the Yahoo! software often inserts spaces into posted URLs, which makes them not usable. Maybe it's an effort on their part to reduce the spread of spam links -- since if the URL is not immediately usable, perhaps people won't go to the extra effort to get there.)

            If it fails for you again, copy & paste the URL into the address bar -- but then look for inserted spaces and remove them before pressing Enter.)

            --Phillip
          • c. staebler
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 6, 2009
              Hi

              Siobhan, AOA, Middle Kingdom, Shire of Falcon's Quary (Mundanely, Elyria, Ohio.) Our shire just started a local dance practice once a month during the revel.

              Other SCA Interests: Costuming, bardic, music

              Email Address (optional): shibhan@...

              # of Years Dancing: 10, but until recently our opportunities to dance were extremely limited (as in Pennsic only.)

              Research Focus: Japanese court dance, Chinese folk dance (no surprise, but English translations are a big problem.)...adding Hungarian dance at request of shire members

              Beneficial Books/Articles/Websites (Dance Related): Do you mean what resources do we have? or what expertise can we provide?
            • Kate
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 7, 2009
                Kathy Kestner
                mka: Caitlin Shepherdess
                kmkestner_3@...
                Millersville, TN

                I am not currently a paying member. I have to find a job before I can afford it. But I trained 6 years in voice. I am an avid collector of folk songs. I can play slow songs on a simple reed (recorder, pennywhistle) instruments and an occorina. I have a borhan but have never learned how to play it properly. I have a guitar that I keep saying I am going to learn to play but haven't gotten that done yet either.

                I would love to find several people that would like to do madrigals together.

                I haven't danced in 12 years but I miss it, especially the Galliard and the Maltese Brawl.

                Has anyone thought of having a dance for the general area about once per quarter (Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter)? Make it pot luck on an off weekend (no big event).