"The Third Publication".

  • Antony Woods
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2004
      Dear Group,

      Following the tsunami I�d like to share a moving story I was told by a
      Burmese monk in 1995.

      In Japan someone was raising money to print Dharma books.

      When they were about to publish there was a famine or something and the
      money was donated for that instead.

      Then for a second time money was raised to print the Dharma books. When they
      were about to publish there was a flood disaster or something and the money
      was donated for that instead.

      A third time money was raised and the Dharma books were published. Written
      on them were the words "The Third Publication".

      This story highlights the relationship between Dhammadana and disaster
      relief donations.

      Just as I wish to be happy, all beings wish to be happy.
      May all beings be happy.