Avoiding anonymous giving (Khantipalo Bhikkhu + I disagree)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2013
      "And if during the Rains one cannot do anything else, at least one should at this time practice dana to the best of one's ability and in whatever personal ways it is possible to give. Impersonal giving, for instance, having amounts stopped out of one's wage packet, should be avoided as there is little or no good kamma made in such ways. It may be that giving time and sympathy with the effort to help others may be more effective than giving money or goods. The Rains traditionally is the time when lay people have the chance to increase their practice of dana and even though one may not live near to the Sangha there are still plenty of opportunities for giving."
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/khantipalo/wheel206.html#rains
      From: Lay Buddhist Practice by Bhikkhu Khantipalo
      For Free Distribution, as a gift of Dhamma, from Access to Insight and the Buddhist Publication Society http://www.bps.lk

      Antony: I disagree with Ven Khantipalo. I have had good results making anonymous donations online or just a cheque in the mail. See this Ajahn Sumedho post: