Goodness gives Enormous Returns (Ajaan Lee Dhammadharo)

  • Antony Woods
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2008
      "People who develop the habit
      of being generous
      reap many rewards.
      Their act of generosity
      comes back to them
      both in the present
      and on into the future.
      They have lots of friends.
      Other people trust them.
      Their hearts are light —
      they aren't weighed down with worries
      about looking after the things they've given away.
      And these same results
      will keep coming in the future,
      just as when we have a bucket of rice grains:
      if we plant them in a field,
      we'll reap ten buckets of rice in return.
      The same holds true with the goodness
      we develop in this lifetime.
      It gives enormous returns.
      That's how people of discernment understand it."
      http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/thai/lee/startsmall.html
      From: Starting Out Small
      A Collection of Talks for Beginning Meditators
      By Ajaan Lee Dhammadharo
      Translated from the Thai by Thanissaro Bhikkhu
      For Free Distribution only, as a gift of Dhamma from Access to Insight
      and Thanissaro Bhikkhu

      Also see audio mp3 Dhamma talk "Caring About Results" by Thanissaro
      Bhikkhu
      http://www.dhammatalks.org/
    • Antony Woods
        From: Starting Out Small
        A Collection of Talks for Beginning Meditators
        By Ajaan Lee Dhammadharo
        Translated from the Thai by Thanissaro Bhikkhu
        For Free Distribution only, as a gift of Dhamma from Access to Insight
        and Thanissaro Bhikkhu

        Also see audio mp3 Dhamma talk "Caring About Results" by Thanissaro
        Bhikkhu
        http://www.dhammatalks.org/

        with metta / Antony.