Re: [damento] An opportunity to perform for Real People!!!

  • robert@search-engine-wizard.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 30, 2001
      I am glad that Brent threw his hat in the ring. I would also like to participate. Now that I'm committed (or should be) when is a good time to come up with a routine and practice? I'm available pretty much all day this coming week. Jordan??? Anyone know of any popular 2 or 3 man bits?

      warm regards,
      Robert

      ps. Brent I also have some whistle lips (like yours ;) ) and a kazoo if you had ideas. I'll try to think of something.

      > From: juggledv@...
      > Date: 2001/12/25 Tue PM 06:59:25 EST
      > To: damento@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [damento] An opportunity to perform for Real People!!!
      >
      > Hi gang,
      >
      > A friend of mine works for the Girls Scouts and is making arrangements for
      > the 90th Aniversary Celebration here in Sacramento. She is looking for
      > people to perform... here's the info.
      >

      > April 6th (Saturday) 2002
      > between 3:00 and 6:00 pm
      > 1/2 hour performance
      > on a stage (3 mics, tape/cd player available)
      > under a tent, in the parking lot
      > on the grounds of Arco Arena
      >
      > parking passes will be provided
      > and she will try to arrange for $50 donation for the group.
      >

      > Please e-mail back to me and let me know if you are interested. I would
      > think that the Damentos could easily fill up a half hour of demonstrations
      > and short routines.
      >
      > I need to give her an answer by new years.
      >

      > Sincerely, the phantom damento,
      >
      > Kevin Schmidt

    • Robert McAbee
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
        Hello Kevin,
        Can you give me specifics and contact information for the person organising
        the celebration for the girl scouts. If it is still a go it looks like
        Brent and I will be the two performers. Can you give me a phone number to
        call.

        Hello Brent,
        What is your phone number? We have until this Sunday to put together an
        act. I think we should come to the meeting on Friday with a pretty good
        idea of what we want to do so we can spend that evening practicing.
        Hopefully we will also be able to juggle/practice on Saturday. I think we
        should do some passing. I can do a 3 ball routine and a diablo routine.
        You or I could juggle my torches as a routine. You could also do a club or
        ball routine instead of me. I have a better 3 ball routine then club
        routine. I also know of a 5 ball trick I'd like to do with a volunteer that
        isn't too hard. I can also use the spinning plates with volunteers. I also
        thought since it was a girl scout event we could use the torches to make
        smores and somehow incorporate that. I look forward to your ideas and the
        more the better. We may also be able to recruit some more people on Friday
        night.

        warm regards,
        Robert

      • juggledv@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2002
          In a message dated 1/2/02 12:33:53 PM, robert@... writes:

          << Can you give me specifics and contact information for the person organising
          the celebration for the girl scouts. If it is still a go it looks like
          Brent and I will be the two performers. Can you give me a phone number to
          call. >>

          Robert,

          Yes, I'll get the info for you as soon as I talk with her again. I'm glad
          to hear you too are so anxious to perform! (Not to worry though... it's
          APRIL 06, 2002) You have plenty of time to prepare...

          You might be able to learn how to juggle marshmallows on skewers by then...
          or Build a set of marshmallow clubs, set them on fire accidentally and then
          make some comment about 'does anyone have any graham crackers?"

          You might want to work in merit badges and girl scout cookies somehow too.
          But we might want to double check on merit badges... I'm not sure if they
          still have them.

          I'll get the info to you shortly.

          Kevin