Friday Trinity Juggling

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2001
      Friday Juggling
      Indoors
      6-9pm
      Trinity Cathedral, Sacramento
      Capitol Ave between 26th & 27th Sts
      Go through glass doors to the Great Hall

      No wind and more juggling

      See you there!
      Kim
    • K.C. Baltz
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2001
        Has a place been found for Tuesday night juggling in Davis? It's
        getting dark fairly soon.

        K.C.

        http://phone.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 22, 2004
          Friday Juggling
          January 23, 2004
          6pm-9pm
          Trinity Cathedral, Sacramento
          2620 Capitol Ave (M St) between 26th St & 27th St
          through the glass doors to the Great Hall

          I called and we are scheduled for this Friday.

          In other news:
          Juggling good for the brain, study shows
          Thursday, January 22, 2004 Posted: 10:33 AM EST (1533 GMT)
          LONDON, England (Reuters) -- It's a great party trick and useful for
          circus performers but scientists said this week that learning to
          juggle can cause changes in areas of the adult brain.
          Mastering the skill increases the amount of grey matter in areas of
          the brain that process and store visual information, proving what was
          not thought possible -- that new stimuli can alter the brain's
          structure.
          Article here:
          http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/01/22/offbeat.juggling.brain.reut/index
          .html

          Nature 427, 311 - 312 (22 January 2004); doi:10.1038/427311a
          Neuroplasticity: Changes in grey matter induced by training
          BOGDAN DRAGANSKI*, CHRISTIAN GASER†, VOLKER BUSCH*, GERHARD
          SCHUIERER‡, ULRICH BOGDAHN* & ARNE MAY*
          Does the structure of an adult human brain alter in response to
          environmental demands? Here we use whole-brain magnetic-resonance
          imaging to visualize learning-induced plasticity in the brains of
          volunteers who have learned to juggle. We find that these individuals
          show a transient and selective structural change in brain areas that
          are associated with the processing and storage of complex visual
          motion. This discovery of a stimulus-dependent alteration in the
          brain's macroscopic structure contradicts the traditionally held view
          that cortical plasticity is associated with functional rather than
          anatomical changes.
          http://www.nature.com/cgi-taf/google_referrer.taf?
          article_product_code=NATURE&fulltext_filename=/nature/journal/v427/n69
          72/full/427311a_fs.html&_UserReference=C0A804F84651FC9BA2D4BAAD1BFD401
          02F4E