No More Bach Festival...

  • patricia
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2001
      Hello Damentos (and some of you got this already!)

      I have resigned as Executive Director of the
      California Bach Festival and have taken down the
      website :(
      it is truly sad; for the past couple of months, I have
      worked almost non-stop (except for a bit of dancing
      and juggling) 12 and 14-hours per day to put together
      this festival...all without any pay!
      Though much was in place, all thanks to my work, my
      contacts, my marketing and the help of my friends and
      business associates, the fact is that there was very
      little funding since we started with nothing at all,
      only the promise of the music director, Zvonimir
      Hacko, that he'd have 5 to 20 thousand for the
      project. Well, he didn't. Now I see clearly that he
      has a different concept of reality than the rest of
      us; he verbally resigned last monday and on tuesday we
      met and discussed his resignation, we said good bye,
      and on wednesday he tells me he did not resign! that
      was it, I knew I had to leave the project.
      He is saying the festival will continue, but the
      majority of my contacts have withdrawn their support
      since they have learned that I am no longer involved.
      I doubt that he can pull this through, he has very
      little support from the community since, I now know,
      he has a very bad reputation...I now know why!
      So, if you did forward the email about the Bach
      festival, please pass the word, that it has been
      cancelled.
      Sadness.
      Love to ya all! :)

      =====