Fri Juggling McKinley

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2001
      Friday
      May 4, 2001
      6pm till dark at
      McKinley Park, Sacramento

      Meet in front of the brick building
      (on Alhambra between H St and McKinley)

      Last Friday we migrated around to the left side of the building where
      there were some shady trees and wind block.

      See you there!
      Kim
    • Robert McAbee
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2001
        I normally don't post to the group, but this link was quite entertaining and
        I wanted to share...
        http://games.sohu.com/fightgame/fight3.swf

        It is martial arts stick men.

        >From: "Kim" <marianme@...>
        >To: damento@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [damento] Fri Juggling McKinley
        >Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 16:57:24 -0000
        >
        >Friday
        >May 4, 2001
        >6pm till dark at
        >McKinley Park, Sacramento
        >
        >Meet in front of the brick building
        >(on Alhambra between H St and McKinley)
        >
        >Last Friday we migrated around to the left side of the building where
        >there were some shady trees and wind block.
        >
        >See you there!
        >Kim

      • patricia
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5, 2001
          Hello Damentos (and some of you got this already!)

          I have resigned as Executive Director of the
          California Bach Festival and have taken down the
          website :(
          it is truly sad; for the past couple of months, I have
          worked almost non-stop (except for a bit of dancing
          and juggling) 12 and 14-hours per day to put together
          this festival...all without any pay!
          Though much was in place, all thanks to my work, my
          contacts, my marketing and the help of my friends and
          business associates, the fact is that there was very
          little funding since we started with nothing at all,
          only the promise of the music director, Zvonimir
          Hacko, that he'd have 5 to 20 thousand for the
          project. Well, he didn't. Now I see clearly that he
          has a different concept of reality than the rest of
          us; he verbally resigned last monday and on tuesday we
          met and discussed his resignation, we said good bye,
          and on wednesday he tells me he did not resign! that
          was it, I knew I had to leave the project.
          He is saying the festival will continue, but the
          majority of my contacts have withdrawn their support
          since they have learned that I am no longer involved.
          I doubt that he can pull this through, he has very
          little support from the community since, I now know,
          he has a very bad reputation...I now know why!
          So, if you did forward the email about the Bach
          festival, please pass the word, that it has been
          cancelled.
          Sadness.
          Love to ya all! :)

          =====