Re: [damento] advertising help?

  • michael brown
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2012
      Quickly, and off the top of my head...

      People don't hire jugglers, they hire entertainers - some of whom happen to juggle.

      So, think about your target demographic, and then think about what they want in an entertainer.
      Parents looking for a clown for their child's birthday will want someone who is energetic, simple, able to adapt, and very good with children up close.
      The Sacramento Rivercats want someone with a polished and flashy act will attract atttention from the top seats of the stadium.
      Kaiser Permanete wants a someone who can continue for a couple of hours with stuff that will cause passers-y to stop for a moment.
      And so on...

      So, figure out who you want to sell to.  Then figure out what they want.  Then tell them you have that.
      Look at what Kenn Serrano, or Matt Hall, or Dan Holzman or A-OK the Clown has, and figure out who they are selling to.

      So, who is your agent specializing in?   What kinds of gigs is she sending you to?  What do those people want?

      It is ok to have a couple of different blips with a different emphasis.

      We can talk more specifically later, if you like...

      Mike