Re: [damento] Bank Maintenance Fees

  • Kim Yasuda
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
      Actually, it was the great Karl who found that bank.

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
        1st Northern Bank offers free checking for non-profit organizations and/or
        businesses with fewer than 1,000 transactions and less than $10,000 in
        currency deposited/withdrawn per month.

        http://www.thatsmybank.com/business/checking

        Karl

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
          "The Great Karl" would make an excellent nomme de jongleur. If only I
          could jongle well enough to earn it! {_:8^)

          Actually, it was the great Karl who found that bank.

        • Ben Kenealey
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
            I use Safe Credit Union for their free checking account and been pleased
            with them.

            On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 1:29 PM, clinstrum <yahoo@...> wrote:

            > Starting this month our bank account is going to start charging maintenance
            > fees of $10 a month. Unfortunately, I think it's going to be pretty hard to
            > find a bank that doesn't charge a fee these days. Kim searched hard to find
            > this account a few years ago when she was searching for a fee free account.
            >
            > One way to get around the fee is to maintain a balance of at least $2500 in
            > the account. I can loan our account some money to get it up above the limit.
            >
            > Any alternate suggestions? (and please don't say "find another bank that
            > doesn't charge a fee." If you know a bank that doesn't charge a fee, please
            > let me know, but I'm not taking an action item to call all over town to find
            > a new bank.)

          • Karl Styrsky
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
              That would be a personal account. For a *business* account, Safe has a $5
              monthly fee, waived with a $2,000 minimum daily balance.

              Karl