Bank Maintenance Fees

  • clinstrum
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
      Starting this month our bank account is going to start charging maintenance fees of $10 a month. Unfortunately, I think it's going to be pretty hard to find a bank that doesn't charge a fee these days. Kim searched hard to find this account a few years ago when she was searching for a fee free account.

      One way to get around the fee is to maintain a balance of at least $2500 in the account. I can loan our account some money to get it up above the limit.

      Any alternate suggestions? (and please don't say "find another bank that doesn't charge a fee." If you know a bank that doesn't charge a fee, please let me know, but I'm not taking an action item to call all over town to find a new bank.)
    • Kim Yasuda
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
        Actually, it was the great Karl who found that bank.

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
          1st Northern Bank offers free checking for non-profit organizations and/or
          businesses with fewer than 1,000 transactions and less than $10,000 in
          currency deposited/withdrawn per month.

          http://www.thatsmybank.com/business/checking

          Karl

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
            "The Great Karl" would make an excellent nomme de jongleur. If only I
            could jongle well enough to earn it! {_:8^)

            Actually, it was the great Karl who found that bank.

          • Ben Kenealey
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
              I use Safe Credit Union for their free checking account and been pleased
              with them.

              On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 1:29 PM, clinstrum <yahoo@...> wrote:

              > Starting this month our bank account is going to start charging maintenance
              > fees of $10 a month. Unfortunately, I think it's going to be pretty hard to
              > find a bank that doesn't charge a fee these days. Kim searched hard to find
              > this account a few years ago when she was searching for a fee free account.
              >
              > One way to get around the fee is to maintain a balance of at least $2500 in
              > the account. I can loan our account some money to get it up above the limit.
              >
              > Any alternate suggestions? (and please don't say "find another bank that
              > doesn't charge a fee." If you know a bank that doesn't charge a fee, please
              > let me know, but I'm not taking an action item to call all over town to find
              > a new bank.)

            • Karl Styrsky
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 15, 2011
                That would be a personal account. For a *business* account, Safe has a $5
                monthly fee, waived with a $2,000 minimum daily balance.

                Karl