Re: [damento] Haloween

  • B D
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 30, 2009
      Jonathan,

      I can make a pretty mean balloon snake, and I could probably manage a
      mangled dog, but no I don't know much about making balloon animals. It
      looks like Kenn's going to be there though and I know he does quite a bit
      with balloons.

      Barrett

      On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 4:01 PM, Jonathan Burke <badicus@...>wrote:

      > Damentos:
      >
      > Good advice all - except for Mike who just plain scares me.
      >
      > We also will have a dedicated fireman (little "f") there with a garden
      > hose charged, unrolled, and ready to go. He did this duty last year,
      > does not juggle so is not distracted, and takes the job seriously.
      >
      > Barrett: I'm just about finished with stapling up all the Visqueen
      > (black plastic) and so will not need yours after all. Thank you for
      > offering. I've got Mike's "Inner Sanctum" all constructed as well. I
      > bought a package of animal twister balloons. I don't know if they are
      > cheap knock-offs or not. Do you do balloon animals? If so can you do
      > some for us on Saturday night? Also, bring your unicycle.
      >
      > FYI, I have set an area aside (cones and caution tape) to be the
      > "Snake Pit Stage." It will be well lighted.
      >
      > This is shaping up to be memorable folks! Be there or be square - and
      > bring some long underwear (or capes or something) that you can put on
      > if you get cold. I've been working in the open garage late at night
      > setting-up and the tempurature isn't too bad. Worse if you are not
      > juggling but, probably okay if you are juggling. Be on the safe side
      > though and bring some warm undergarments. I'm sure that Kyle will be
      > good with his circa 1910 wool bathing suit.
      >
      > Remember I'll have pizza, wine, beer, and soda. If you want something
      > else you better bring it.
      >
      > Jonathan
      >
      > On Oct 29, 2009, at 3:26 PM, michael brown wrote:
      >
      > > Jonathan -
      > >
      > > Have you checked your home owners insurance lately?
      > > coverage for accidental destriction of dwellings, automobiles,
      > > and personal property?
      > > coverage for medical, re-habilitation and long-term care expenses?
      > >
      > > --- On Thu, 10/29/09, michaelb <msbrown1433@...<msbrown1433%40yahoo.com>>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > From: michaelb <msbrown1433@... <msbrown1433%40yahoo.com>>
      > > Subject: [damento] Re: Fire Safety
      > > To: damento@yahoogroups.com <damento%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > Date: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 3:16 PM
      > >

      > > Good advice.
      > >
      > > Another good practice is strict separation of fuel and play space.
      > > Fuel should be kept well away from the play space, and no flames or
      > > hot objects should be allowed in the fuel area. No fuel in glass
      > > containers. No gasoline. Camp fuel, white gas, lamp oil or diesel
      > > fuels are good.
      > >
      > > I will bring several fire extinquishers, to provide for the
      > > possibility that someone inadvertently attempts total self-
      > > immolation in the Buddist bonze style of the early 1970"s.
      > >
      > > I normally practice a pro-active preventive approach: "Don't grab
      > > the burning end".
      > >
      > > Basically, in the dark, if you can see it, you don't want to grab
      > > it. Only catch those things you can't see.
      > >
      > > if this sounds difficult, just remember one definition of juggling:
      > > "Performing unnecessary and pointless activities the hard way."
      > >
      > > Mike

> [...]

    • kim_yasuda
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2009
        A few snapshots from Halloween:
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/7181690@N03/sets/72157622706728626/

        Some very short video clips with poor resolution:

        Kenn's shirt on fire (very briefly)
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9bK6Z0NvpI

        Jessie and Kenn juggling fire
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqT85BiN73o