Re: RSVP to Halloween Party at Jonathan's next Sat Oct 31

  • clinstrum
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 28, 2009
      I'll be coming to the Halloween party too. In fact, I just got my costume.

      Chris

      --- In damento@yahoogroups.com, "kim_yasuda" <marianme@...> wrote:

      > Forwarded from Jonathan:
      >
      > Hello Damentos:
      >
      > Friday night we, the Damented, talked about repeating last year's Halloween juggle-fest at my house. We decided we would.
      >
      > What we do is – arrive with a sense of whimsy, hopefully cloaked in the costuming of our alter egos. (I'll be wearing tights. I heard that Kyle is wearing a circa 1910 wool one piece bathing suit.) Before dusk is when the little ghouls start arriving so that would be a good time to kick off the festivities.
      >
      > We hang out in the garage so that we can show the kids that we have better costumes than they. We try to get the neighbors to imbibe. We do the Electric Slide, assuming we can get Kim to teach us. We eat stuff, we drink stuff. We juggle. We do torches in the street. Mike and I will pass seven clubs until we fall down and can't get back up. I suspect that unicycling will figure into the mix.
      >
      > Pizza, beer, and wine are supplied by me.
      >
      > Mike has talked about maybe bringing devices of torture/pleasure (massage tables) along with tarot cards. Could be a freaky little scene.
      >
      > Last year it drizzled on and off but that didn't seem to affect anything.
      >
      > I have an iPod player. What I need is for someone to bring a CD player like a boom box.
      >
      > Bring your sense of whimsy. Hope to see ya! If you can – respond to this message or call me if you plan to come – so I can get a rough count.
      >
      > I live in a development right off of Hwy 5 just north of Arco Arena. It is a gated community so you will need the gate code (2628) to get in.
      >
      > Jonathan Burke
      > 5042 Stroman Lane, Sacramento 95835
      > H) 916-419-8668, Cell) 650-465-4861
      >
      > Best to Google or Yahoo map it but the directions are as follows:
      >
      > 1. Hwy 5 to Del Paso Rd
      > 2. West on Del Paso Rd. over the highway. (Left if you are coming from the south.)
      > 3. First Right onto El Centro Rd.
      > 4. First Left onto Hawkview Dr.
      > 5. First Right onto Westlake Parkway.
      > 6. First Left on Vista Creek Circle
      > a. (At the "Marina" entrance sign.) (Use code 2628 at the gate.)
      > 7. First Right onto Dodson Ln.
      > 8. First Left onto Vista Creek Circle (again).
      > 9. First Right onto Stroman Lane to 5042.
      > 10. Get jiggy with the juggling.

    • Jonathan Burke
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 28, 2009
        Chris:

        Whoo Hoo, Chris is in!

        JB
        On Oct 28, 2009, at 7:37 PM, clinstrum wrote:

        > I'll be coming to the Halloween party too. In fact, I just got my
        > costume.
        >
        > Chris
        >
        > --- In damento@yahoogroups.com, "kim_yasuda" <marianme@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Forwarded from Jonathan:
        > >
        > > Hello Damentos:
        > >
        > > Friday night we, the Damented, talked about repeating last year's
        > Halloween juggle-fest at my house. We decided we would.
        > >
        > > What we do is � arrive with a sense of whimsy, hopefully cloaked
        > in the costuming of our alter egos. (I'll be wearing tights. I heard
        > that Kyle is wearing a circa 1910 wool one piece bathing suit.)
        > Before dusk is when the little ghouls start arriving so that would
        > be a good time to kick off the festivities.
        > >
        > > We hang out in the garage so that we can show the kids that we
        > have better costumes than they. We try to get the neighbors to
        > imbibe. We do the Electric Slide, assuming we can get Kim to teach
        > us. We eat stuff, we drink stuff. We juggle. We do torches in the
        > street. Mike and I will pass seven clubs until we fall down and
        > can't get back up. I suspect that unicycling will figure into the mix.
        > >
        > > Pizza, beer, and wine are supplied by me.
        > >
        > > Mike has talked about maybe bringing devices of torture/pleasure
        > (massage tables) along with tarot cards. Could be a freaky little
        > scene.
        > >
        > > Last year it drizzled on and off but that didn't seem to affect
        > anything.
        > >
        > > I have an iPod player. What I need is for someone to bring a CD
        > player like a boom box.
        > >
        > > Bring your sense of whimsy. Hope to see ya! If you can � respond
        > to this message or call me if you plan to come � so I can get a
        > rough count.
        > >
        > > I live in a development right off of Hwy 5 just north of Arco
        > Arena. It is a gated community so you will need the gate code (2628)
        > to get in.
        > >
        > > Jonathan Burke
        > > 5042 Stroman Lane, Sacramento 95835
        > > H) 916-419-8668, Cell) 650-465-4861
        > >
        > > Best to Google or Yahoo map it but the directions are as follows:
        > >
        > > 1. Hwy 5 to Del Paso Rd
        > > 2. West on Del Paso Rd. over the highway. (Left if you are coming
        > from the south.)
        > > 3. First Right onto El Centro Rd.
        > > 4. First Left onto Hawkview Dr.
        > > 5. First Right onto Westlake Parkway.
        > > 6. First Left on Vista Creek Circle
        > > a. (At the "Marina" entrance sign.) (Use code 2628 at the gate.)
        > > 7. First Right onto Dodson Ln.
        > > 8. First Left onto Vista Creek Circle (again).
        > > 9. First Right onto Stroman Lane to 5042.
        > > 10. Get jiggy with the juggling.

        Jonathan Burke
        5042 Stroman Lane
        Sacramento, CA 95835-2057
        H) 916-419-8668
        C) 650-465-4861
        badicus@...
        www.Burkevideo.TV

      • marcos441
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 28, 2009
          Jillena and I will be going to the party.

          -Marcos

          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 29, 2009
            Marcos:

            We know of, and heartily approve of, Jillena's alter ego (costume) -
            but - what will Marcos be wearing? I wonder.

            Jonathan

          • B D
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 29, 2009
              I have the black plastic now, so I'll plan on getting there earlyish to help
              put it up. It's left over from our school's haunted house.

              Barrett

            • Jessie Dove
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 29, 2009
                Jonathan,

                I found a date, so add one more person to the list.

                -Jessie

              • Jonathan Burke
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 29, 2009
                  Jessie:

                  Check.

                  Jonathan

                  On Oct 29, 2009, at 7:17 PM, Jessie Dove wrote:

                  > Jonathan,
                  >
                  > I found a date, so add one more person to the list.
                  >
                  > -Jessie
                  >
                  > On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:16 PM, B D <drawdy2@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> I have the black plastic now, so I'll plan on getting there
                  >> earlyish to
                  >> help
                  >> put it up. It's left over from our school's haunted house.
                  >>
                  >> Barrett
                  >>

                  >> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Jonathan Burke
                  >> <badicus@...
                  >>> wrote:
                  >>
                  >>> Marcos:
                  >>>
                  >>> We know of, and heartily approve of, Jillena's alter ego (costume) -
                  >>> but - what will Marcos be wearing? I wonder.
                  >>>
                  >>> Jonathan

                  >>> Jonathan Burke
                  >>> 5042 Stroman Lane
                  >>> Sacramento, CA 95835-2057