Re: [damento] RSVP to Halloween Party at Jonathan's next Sat Oct 31

  • Jonathan Burke
    Message 1 of 23 , Oct 26, 2009
      Barrett:

      I looked at plastic sheeting at Home Depot today but was vacillating
      on whether to use it or not. I will need some for a visibility block
      for Mike's massage stuff. Maybe you can plan on bringing it early and
      we can decide at that time. Mike will probably arrive early (3:30?)
      so we can set up as my set-up will depend on how he needs to set-up.
      I hate to wait to the last minute/day - but - we can pull it off. If
      you have to buy the plastic sheeting don't - as I know that Home Depot
      carries it and I can buy it if I need it. If it is sheeting that gets
      re-used bring it along.

      I have to pay attention tonight as to what time it is when it just
      starts to get dark - as a little early than that should be the
      announced party start time. For us set-up folks we should be here an
      hour or two ahead of that time.

      Thanks.

      Jonathan

      On Oct 26, 2009, at 2:42 PM, B D wrote:

      > I just found out that I should be able to get the black plastic
      > sheeting to
      > use on the garage walls. I should be able to get it on Wednesday.
      > I can
      > arrive early to help decorate, just let me know when.
      >
      > Barrett
      >

      > On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Jonathan Burke
      > <badicus@...>wrote:
      >
      >> Damentos:
      >>
      >> In regard to the Halloween shin-dig so far we've got RSVPs from
      >> Jessie, Kim, Mike, Jan, Julie, Barrett & Michelle. Looking good!
      >>
      >> I don't think I've ever passed torches before. If someone brings
      >> another set we can try.
      >>
      >> Mike:
      >>
      >> You might want to come a little early and we'll set up so it works
      >> best for you. Also, I have a BOATLOAD of 50's R&R CDs - my favorite
      >> genre - so we are good there.
      >>
      >> Jessie:
      >>
      >> I had a fatal hard drive crash and lost the "Evil Jester" playing
      >> card
      >> image that you created out of a photo from last year's Halloween
      >> juggle fest. Can you post it for fun and also e-mail me a copy?
      >> Thanks.
      >>
      >> Jonathan (Pocket Club)
      >>

      >> On Oct 26, 2009, at 10:32 AM, michael brown wrote:
      >>
      >>> I will come. My sister, Jan, will come. We will bring a couple of
      >>> massage tables and a massage chair, and half a dozen candle lanterns
      >>> and a couple of candle-illuminated skulls. I will also bring a
      >>> couple of decks of Tarot cards. We ought to be able to figure out
      >>> something fun to do with that stuff...
      >>>
      >>> Julie has not been to a Damento meeting for over 10 years, BUT she
      >>> says that if you promise to play classic 50's rock and roll, she
      >>> will come on Saturday...

      >>> 2. West on Del Paso Rd. over the highway. (Left if you are coming
      >>> from the south.)
      >>> 3. First Right onto El Centro Rd.
      >>> 4. First Left onto Hawkview Dr.
      >>> 5. First Right onto Westlake Parkway.
      >>> 6. First Left on Vista Creek Circle
      >>> a. (At the "Marina" entrance sign.) (Use code 2628 at the gate.)
      >>> 7. First Right onto Dodson Ln.
      >>> 8. First Left onto Vista Creek Circle (again).
      >>> 9. First Right onto Stroman Lane to 5042.
      >>> 10. Get jiggy with the juggling.

      >> Jonathan Burke
      >> 5042 Stroman Lane
      >> Sacramento, CA 95835-2057
      >> H) 916-419-8668
      >> C) 650-465-4861
      >> badicus@...
      >> www.Burkevideo.TV

      Jonathan Burke
      5042 Stroman Lane
      Sacramento, CA 95835-2057
      H) 916-419-8668
      C) 650-465-4861
      badicus@...
      www.Burkevideo.TV

    • Kenn
      Message 2 of 23 , Oct 26, 2009
        I missed the times. What time will you be juggling, partying and being
        mischievous to?

        <badicus@...>wrote:

        > Damentos:
        >
        > In regard to the Halloween shin-dig so far we've got RSVPs from
        > Jessie, Kim, Mike, Jan, Julie, Barrett & Michelle. Looking good!
        >
        > I don't think I've ever passed torches before. If someone brings
        > another set we can try.
        >
        > Mike:
        >
        > You might want to come a little early and we'll set up so it works
        > best for you. Also, I have a BOATLOAD of 50's R&R CDs - my favorite
        > genre - so we are good there.
        >
        > Jessie:
        >
        > I had a fatal hard drive crash and lost the "Evil Jester" playing card
        > image that you created out of a photo from last year's Halloween
        > juggle fest. Can you post it for fun and also e-mail me a copy?
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Jonathan (Pocket Club)
        >

        > On Oct 26, 2009, at 10:32 AM, michael brown wrote:
        >
        > > I will come. My sister, Jan, will come. We will bring a couple of
        > > massage tables and a massage chair, and half a dozen candle lanterns
        > > and a couple of candle-illuminated skulls. I will also bring a
        > > couple of decks of Tarot cards. We ought to be able to figure out
        > > something fun to do with that stuff...
        > >
        > > Julie has not been to a Damento meeting for over 10 years, BUT she
        > > says that if you promise to play classic 50's rock and roll, she
        > > will come on Saturday...

      • mart_ist
        Message 3 of 23 , Oct 26, 2009
          I'll try to join if I find a ride from Fair Oaks. My friend Dave doesn't know yet if he's coming.

          Does anyone lives around ?

          French Martin

          --- In damento@yahoogroups.com, "Kenn " <magickenn@...> wrote:

          > I missed the times. What time will you be juggling, partying and being
          > mischievous to?

        • Jonathan Burke
          Message 4 of 23 , Oct 26, 2009
            Kenn:

            I'm thinking some people will show up at 5pm and others when it gets
            dark at about 6pm. I'll be around setting up so it won't matter if
            you are early.

            It will go until we poop out. Last year it was probably 10 or 11pm
            but there will be more people this year - so - ?

            Hope to see you there/here.

            Jonathan

            Jonathan Burke
            Home: 916-419-8668
            Cell: 650-465-4861
            email: badicus@...
            www.BurkeVideo.TV

          • Jonathan Burke
            Message 5 of 23 , Oct 26, 2009
              Martin:

              It would be great to see you (and Dave with his "Henry's if he can
              make it.) Hopefully someone is coming from your area and can give you
              a lift to and fro.

              Jonathan

              Jonathan Burke
              Home: 916-419-8668
              Cell: 650-465-4861
              email: badicus@...
              www.BurkeVideo.TV

            • Jessie Dove
              Message 6 of 23 , Oct 27, 2009
                Jester Card <http://www.flickr.com/photos/dovetothemax/3517138865/sizes/m/>

                On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Jonathan Burke <badicus@...>wrote:

                > Martin:
                >
                > It would be great to see you (and Dave with his "Henry's if he can
                > make it.) Hopefully someone is coming from your area and can give you
                > a lift to and fro.
                >
                > Jonathan
                >

                > On Oct 26, 2009, at 4:16 PM, mart_ist wrote:
                >
                > > I'll try to join if I find a ride from Fair Oaks. My friend Dave
                > > doesn't know yet if he's coming.
                > >
                > > Does anyone lives around ?
                > >
                > > French Martin
                > >
                > > --- In damento@yahoogroups.com <damento%40yahoogroups.com>, "Kenn "
                > <magickenn@...> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I missed the times. What time will you be juggling, partying and
                > > being
                > > > mischievous to?

              • Kenn
                Message 7 of 23 , Oct 27, 2009
                  I'll be later than sooner but if you don't have a ride we are coming from
                  Folsom.

                  Kenn

                  --- In damento@yahoogroups.com <mailto:damento%40yahoogroups.com> , "Kenn "
                  <magickenn@...> wrote:

                  > I missed the times. What time will you be juggling, partying and being
                  > mischievous to?

                • Kenn
                  Message 8 of 23 , Oct 27, 2009
                    Thanks for getting back to me. I will be there. I will bring balloon,
                    juggling stuff and a tall uni for people to share. I assume byob.

                    I should be done with the Folsom Fall fest around 4:45 I should be there
                    around 6pm with torches in hand. Looking forward to it.

                    <mailto:marianme%40yahoo.com> > wrote:

> [...]
                    > Arena.
                    > > > It is a gated community so you will need the gate code (2628) to
                    > get
                    > > > in.
                    > > >
                    > > > Jonathan Burke
                    > > > 5042 Stroman Lane, Sacramento 95835
                    > > > H) 916-419-8668, Cell) 650-465-4861
                    > > >
                    > > > Best to Google or Yahoo map it but the directions are as follows:
                    > > >
                    > > > 1. Hwy 5 to Del Paso Rd
                    > > > 2. West on Del Paso Rd. over the highway. (Left if you are coming
                    > > > from the south.) 3. First Right onto El Centro Rd.
                    > > > 4. First Left onto Hawkview Dr.
                    > > > 5. First Right onto Westlake Parkway.
                    > > > 6. First Left on Vista Creek Circle
                    > > > a. (At the "Marina" entrance sign.) (Use code 2628 at the gate.)
                    > 7.
                    > > > First Right onto Dodson Ln.
                    > > > 8. First Left onto Vista Creek Circle (again).
                    > > > 9. First Right onto Stroman Lane to 5042.

                    Jonathan Burke
                    Home: 916-419-8668
                    Cell: 650-465-4861
                    email: badicus@... <mailto:badicus%40sbcglobal.net>
                    www.BurkeVideo.TV

                  • clinstrum
                    Message 9 of 23 , Oct 28, 2009
                      I'll be coming to the Halloween party too. In fact, I just got my costume.

                      Chris

                      Message 10 of 23 , Oct 28, 2009
                        Chris:

                        Whoo Hoo, Chris is in!

                        JB
                        On Oct 28, 2009, at 7:37 PM, clinstrum wrote:

                        > I'll be coming to the Halloween party too. In fact, I just got my
                        > costume.
                        >
                        > Chris
                        >
                        > --- In damento@yahoogroups.com, "kim_yasuda" <marianme@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Forwarded from Jonathan:
                        > >
                        > > Hello Damentos:
                        > >
                        > > Friday night we, the Damented, talked about repeating last year's
                        > Halloween juggle-fest at my house. We decided we would.
                        > >
                        > > What we do is � arrive with a sense of whimsy, hopefully cloaked
                        > in the costuming of our alter egos. (I'll be wearing tights. I heard
                        > that Kyle is wearing a circa 1910 wool one piece bathing suit.)
                        > Before dusk is when the little ghouls start arriving so that would
                        > be a good time to kick off the festivities.
                        > >
                        > > We hang out in the garage so that we can show the kids that we
                        > have better costumes than they. We try to get the neighbors to
                        > imbibe. We do the Electric Slide, assuming we can get Kim to teach
                        > us. We eat stuff, we drink stuff. We juggle. We do torches in the
                        > street. Mike and I will pass seven clubs until we fall down and
                        > can't get back up. I suspect that unicycling will figure into the mix.
                        > >
                        > > Pizza, beer, and wine are supplied by me.
                        > >
                        > > Mike has talked about maybe bringing devices of torture/pleasure
                        > (massage tables) along with tarot cards. Could be a freaky little
                        > scene.
                        > >
                        > > Last year it drizzled on and off but that didn't seem to affect
                        > anything.
                        > >
                        > > I have an iPod player. What I need is for someone to bring a CD
                        > player like a boom box.
                        > >
                        > > Bring your sense of whimsy. Hope to see ya! If you can � respond
                        > to this message or call me if you plan to come � so I can get a
                        > rough count.
                        > >
                        > > I live in a development right off of Hwy 5 just north of Arco
                        > Arena. It is a gated community so you will need the gate code (2628)
                        > to get in.
                        > >
                        > > Jonathan Burke
                        > > 5042 Stroman Lane, Sacramento 95835
                        > > H) 916-419-8668, Cell) 650-465-4861
                        > >
                        > > Best to Google or Yahoo map it but the directions are as follows:
                        > >
                        > > 1. Hwy 5 to Del Paso Rd
                        > > 2. West on Del Paso Rd. over the highway. (Left if you are coming
                        > from the south.)
                        > > 3. First Right onto El Centro Rd.
                        > > 4. First Left onto Hawkview Dr.
                        > > 5. First Right onto Westlake Parkway.
                        > > 6. First Left on Vista Creek Circle
                        > > a. (At the "Marina" entrance sign.) (Use code 2628 at the gate.)
                        > > 7. First Right onto Dodson Ln.
                        > > 8. First Left onto Vista Creek Circle (again).
                        > > 9. First Right onto Stroman Lane to 5042.
                        > > 10. Get jiggy with the juggling.

                        Jonathan Burke
                        5042 Stroman Lane
                        Sacramento, CA 95835-2057
                        H) 916-419-8668
                        C) 650-465-4861
                        badicus@...
                        www.Burkevideo.TV

                      • marcos441
                        Message 11 of 23 , Oct 28, 2009
                          Jillena and I will be going to the party.

                          -Marcos

                          Message 12 of 23 , Oct 29, 2009
                            Marcos:

                            We know of, and heartily approve of, Jillena's alter ego (costume) -
                            but - what will Marcos be wearing? I wonder.

                            Jonathan

                          • B D
                            Message 13 of 23 , Oct 29, 2009
                              I have the black plastic now, so I'll plan on getting there earlyish to help
                              put it up. It's left over from our school's haunted house.

                              Barrett

                            • Jessie Dove
                              Message 14 of 23 , Oct 29, 2009
                                Jonathan,

                                I found a date, so add one more person to the list.

                                -Jessie

                              • Jonathan Burke
                                Message 15 of 23 , Oct 29, 2009
                                  Jessie:

                                  Check.

                                  Jonathan

                                  On Oct 29, 2009, at 7:17 PM, Jessie Dove wrote:

                                  > Jonathan,
                                  >
                                  > I found a date, so add one more person to the list.
                                  >
                                  > -Jessie
                                  >
                                  > On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 3:16 PM, B D <drawdy2@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  >> I have the black plastic now, so I'll plan on getting there
                                  >> earlyish to
                                  >> help
                                  >> put it up. It's left over from our school's haunted house.
                                  >>
                                  >> Barrett
                                  >>

                                  >> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 9:50 AM, Jonathan Burke
                                  >> <badicus@...
                                  >>> wrote:
                                  >>
                                  >>> Marcos:
                                  >>>
                                  >>> We know of, and heartily approve of, Jillena's alter ego (costume) -
                                  >>> but - what will Marcos be wearing? I wonder.
                                  >>>
                                  >>> Jonathan

                                  >>> Jonathan Burke
                                  >>> 5042 Stroman Lane
                                  >>> Sacramento, CA 95835-2057