Re: [damento] How well do you know other jugglers?

  • Zack Phillips
    Message 1 of 4 , May 27 10:04 PM
      Hello there sir.
      I believe there is a large population of students interested in learning juggling becasuse they are going to be physical educators of one kind or another and knowing how to teach others and to teach children especially is kool and imoprtant to them. I had a kineseology class and they found out I was a juggler and everyone wanted to learn so they could teach their future students. This population of future jugglers doesn't fit any other niche of the juggling world and could only be called-- "educators", in my opinion. Put some flyers up where the P.E. majors and the kineseology majors hang out. Also don't forget the drama department. I had a drama prof. ask me to teach to one of her 'styles' classes and there were a ton of interested people in there.

      Theodore Tracy <tatracy@...> wrote:

      Hey Damento. I was wondering where you think people interested in
      juggling would tend to hang out around a university. Someone who knows a
      lot of jugglers personailities would be cool or maybe someone who can
      analize people by their habits or something, i think that jugglers tend
      to have addictive personailities for learning or something like that. The
      reason being I want to know where I should advertise for my juggling
      class (for UC Daivs) for when i teach it next fall. I didn't advertise it
      at all and I think i want to start making some cool adds for it. Any help
      would be great, thanks!
      ~Ted

    • Charles Cozad
      Message 2 of 4 , May 27 10:31 PM
        As Zack said some potential jugglers may be hard to classify. Another place to recruit would be the computer science and engineering buildings. Juggling is a welcome relief from complex problems that those in that curriculum deal with.

        Of course the same argument could apply for other intense majors at Davis such as the Medical and Veterinary students. So unless you want to go to every building on campus.... I myself would stick to frequented public areas and eateries and canvas those. You may find your class more than full just by sticking to popular areas.

        And if you don't get a big enough turnout at the beginning of the quarter, I would get your props, and a few of your Damento friends together and just juggle outside in a public place and have a sign with all the class benefits, course number, and add slips. The class will be full in no time.

        And to bolster the juggling nights make your students attend 2-3 juggling events, including a Damento practice :)

        Zack Phillips <jugglerzack@...> wrote: Hello there sir.
[...]

      • Brent O
        Message 3 of 4 , May 28 4:21 PM
          Sorry, if the Frederick's link failed, and you have a
          second to spare, go to Fredericks.com and in the
          search bar, enter "12004".

          ____________________________________________________________________________________Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7