Team Rootberry at Sac State Thurs Sept 14

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 11, 2006
      I noticed in Sunday's Ticket that it has Bobby Lee listed with Team
      Rootberry (jugglers http://www.rootberry.com/) also performing this
      Thursday at Sac State. Says the cost is free but don't forget to pay
      for parking. Also, should we get tickets in advance? Any Sac State
      Alumni know what Serna Plaza is? Anyone want to go? ~Kim

      Thursday>Comedy
      Bobby Lee
      What: The stand-up comic became a regular at Los Angeles' Comedy club
      after impressing the owner's son, Pauly Shore, and now he's on "MAD
      tv". Team Rootberry also performs.
      When: 8 p.m.
      Where: Serna Plaza, California State University, Sacramento, 6000 J St.
      Cost: Free
      Information: (916)278-6997
      www.tickets.com
    • Charlie
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 11, 2006
        Serna Plaza is an outdoor stage on the East side of the Student
        Union. Seating is on the lawn. You are allowed to bring your
        lawn chair. Tickets are not needed as it is a free event.

        Parking will be free in Lots 7 and 8. (according to the person I spoke
        to at the Student Union Info phone.)

        I found this link at CSUS:
        http://www.csus.edu/news/091106comedy.stm

        Here is a campus map:
        http://www.csus.edu/utaps/parking/map.pdf

        Count me in.

        --
        Charlie
      • Zack Phillips

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 13, 2006
            Okay, should we try to meet around 7pm to stake out a spot and do some
            juggling before the show? Bring jackets, it might get cold outside!
            ~Kim

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 14, 2006
              Meeting at 7 is a great idea.

              Rootberry won the IJA competition in 2003.
              They won over Vova and Olga.
              In this video, Vova and Olga challange Rootberry to come to
              WJF and prepare to be beaten.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF7hdiIVaPc

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 15, 2006
                Report from last night: Had a good time out. Rootberry's show had
                several people standing in the audience after they were done. Toilet
                paper ninja routine was fun. Bobbie Lee was a bit foul-mouthed with
                the college crowd and didn't do any characters. Lee did do a stripper
                routine (though not quite the same as other Thurs night strippers).
                Several of us stayed after the show was over and were juggling in the
                hall. Jonathan Root came over and juggled a little with us and Bill
                Berry even joined in some passing. After they broke down their show,
                Rootberrys and four of us went to In n' Out and were there chatting
                until 1:23 am. ~Kim