Legitimizing Damento

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2006
      Does anyone know the process (forms, etc.) to turn Damento into a
      legal/official club so that we can have a Damento bank account and sign
      liability/contracts for the festival under Damento rather than an
      individual's name?

      It would be nice if we could eventually make it a non-profit and be
      able to get space/rentals for cheaper.

      Thank you,
      Kim
    • Karl
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10, 2006
        I have experience in establishing not for profit corporations in
        California. A simpler option (in terms of cost to set up and ongoing
        administration) is to register as an unincorporated nonprofit
        association with the Secretary of State. Check out:
        http://www.ss.ca.gov/business/other/bp_other_uanp.htm

        Uncle Karl