Will Murray in Wired Magazine

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      Will Murray used to juggle at Berkeley and is seen at many of the
      juggling festivals. I was going to link the the article but couldn't
      find it on the Wired site so just put a snippet here:

      Brown, Eryn. "Be There and Be Square" Wired Magazine, June 2006, page
      114.
      Tonight's offering, by a young professor from Cal State Long Beach
      named Will Murray, is "The Mathematics of Juggling." The club has set
      up a makeshift lecture hall inthe host's backyard, with a few
      mismatched chairs lined up under a eucalyptus tree. For a projection
      screen, Brunn has taped a white ruffled bed skirt to the orange wall
      opposite the chairs.

      The group sits down, and it's suddenly quiet. In the distance, a
      neighbor's pool filter whirs. "I've never befrore given a talk that's
      standing room only," Murray jokes anxiously, then launches into a
      demonstration of basic juggling, explaining how, in the '90s,
      mathematicians and jugglers used numerical system called siteswap
      notation to discover new juggling patterns.

      The seminal siteswap theorem, he says, was coauthered by none other
      than Ron Graham (who also, wouldn't you know, was once president of
      the International Jugglers' Association). Murray ...