Re: ...Calaveras... with directions & driving tips!

  • alapbsamich
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2004
      i apologize for this huge link, but this will give you an idea of
      where Angels Camp is:

      http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=M7tNO.p_0TqT&
      csz=95222&country=us&new=1&name=&qty=

      It takes about an hour & a half to get there from Sacramento. To get
      through the town & down to glory hole will probably add another 15-30,
      depending on how you drive, when you're there & if you get lost.

      How to get there from Sac:
      1) head south on 99
      2) just south of Galt you'll see Liberty Road exit. Take this.
      3) Turn left onto Liberty Road. You'll be on this road for 30 minutes
      or so.
      4) I think there's 3 stop signs on this whole road. At the 3rd one,
      or whatever one it is at Highway 88, turn right onto Hwy 88. You'll
      be on 88 about 5 minutes
      5) 88 dead-ends at Highway 12. Turn left onto highway 12.
      6) just south of San Andreas 12 turns towards Jackson, & the road
      you're on suddenly becomes Hwy 49. **Stay on this road, do not go to
      Jackson** go through San Andreas & in 15 minutes or so you'll be in
      Angels Camp. At the first Angels Camp stop sign Hwy 4 merges onto 49,
      so don't freak out when your map says 4. It's ok.
      7) plow your way through downtown/old town Angels Camp & Hwys 4 & 49
      split. You'll go straight (south) on 49, down a narrow, windy little
      road.
      8) After 10 minutes or so it opens up & the fairgrounds (Frogtown) are
      on your left, Glory Hole on your right.
      9) Follow the instructions in the previous message from here.

      I went to high school in Angels, I go to UCD, I've gone every way
      possible & this is the quickest, trust me. If you're coming from
      Stockton, I'd recommend taking Hwy 4 to Angels Camp & turning right
      onto 49/4 when you get into town, then follow from #7. Lodi, take 12
      & follow from #6.