Re: [damento] Digest Number 696

  • gpsymgk@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2004
      Happy New Year to you all... may all your dreams come true this year!

      I miss you all.

      -tommy

      ******
      We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will
      eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the
      Internet, we know this is not true.

      [Robert Wilensky (1997), Oxford Dictionary of Modern Quotations (2002)]
    • patricia
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2004
        Hey there ya all...happy new year!!! may we all get a
        brand-new spiffy shiny year filled with wonderful
        moments and the ability to do all those great juggling
        tricks we've been wanting to do... :)
        ANYWAY, the FIFTH annual DAMENTO juggling FESTIVAL is
        only FIVE weeks away!!!....postcards have been mailed
        to west coast IJA members (did you get yours?), the
        fabulous damento mementos have been ordered, the
        t-shirts are being designed as we write and it's time
        to start thinking about where you're gonna volunteer
        and how many out-of-town jugglers you're gonna be able
        to host at your house, and whether you want to take
        workshops or give workshops, or be in the show, or
        just help wherever!!...and, of course, time to make
        sure ALL your juggler and non-juggler friends are
        gonna join us for the fun, so do help spread the
        word!!! Please contact me if you can help post flyers
        at your college, and/or distribute postcards at your
        local cafe, bookstore, or with any other ideas, etc...

        For the latest info, check out the website:
        http://www.damento.org/2004fest/index.shtml
        (thanks, Jennifer, for the design and updates)

        IF YOU CAN HELP in any of the following areas please
        contact us:
        Workshops: Monica Buck, jugglergal@...
        Show: Christopher Thaxter,
        christopherthaxter@...
        Housing (put up a few jugglers): Zachary Phillips,
        jugglerzack@...
        Food/Drinks/Hospitality (donate for the Fri eve
        welcome table or snacks on the weekend): Dale Schuck,
        flyingdgs@...
        Work registration table, set-up and clean-up: Patricia
        Thaxter, patriciaaleya@...
        Work Construction Zone: Mike Brown,
        msbrown@...

        LET'S NOT leave it all til the last minute...pls. send
        us the word now so we can put you down; we will
        reconfirm, of course, closer to the time. The main
        fest info is below, pls. feel free to forward it!
        THANKS to all,
        Patricia :)

        ____________________
        5th ANNUAL DAMENTO JUGGLING FESTIVAL
        Cosumnes River College
        8401 Center Parkway, Sacramento, CA 95823
        February 6, 2:00pm - midnight
        February 7, 10:00am - midnight
        February 8, 10:00am - 5:00pm
        $10 Festival Pass (one, two or three-days)
        children under 12 free when accompanied by adult
        Juggling Show Extravaganza, Sat Feb 7, 7:30pm
        $10 Adults; $5 children under 12

        http://search.yahoo.com/top2003