jugglers for senior home

  • patricia
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 18, 2003
      Well, as I said before, there seems to be a lot of
      demand for jugglers lately! :)
      Somerset Nursing Center called and would like to hire
      us for an informal "showing the seniors" a bit of
      juggling and talking about our experience learning,
      etc. For one hour; saturday May 24 or June 21 around
      1:30pm...once again, a show of hands please as to who
      would be interested...they'll pay the club $50...I
      know it's WAY too early to say, but, maybe what we
      need is a list of people who are, first of all willing
      to participate in events, second, those who enjoy
      performing and showing off their skill; those who
      enjoy teaching; those who can do both.
      And, who all is going to be around in the summer?
      Who can do weekdays and who can do weekends only?
      PLEASE respond; I'll compile a list to go from.

      THANKS!!!
      :)

      http://platinum.yahoo.com
    • ZACHARY PHILLIPS
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 19, 2003
        Hello Patricia, I would be interested in the Somerset gig in May or June, and any other weekend gigs coming our way. I am interested in teaching mostly but would also like to work into some performing. I work on the weekdays, so add me to that list. Also my Drama club meets every other friday night, but that is only for the rest of this semester. Any events that fall in my free time I will consider doing. And perhaps I can make time for the bigger things.
        see ya, -Zack.

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 19, 2003
          Ruth, you need to contact The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, not us.
          - Kim
          Here's more information:
          Juggling or Clowns

          To Whom It May Concern,

          I am writing on behalf of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to request
          Juggling or fun activities for our Light the Night Walk being held on
          October 3, 2003 in Sacramento. In return for your support, The
          Leukemia & Lymphoma Society would be happy to recognize Your Name by
          including Your name (logo) on our sponsorship banner and on the back
          of our 1,000 event t-shirts.

          While the Greater Sacramento Area has its fair share of charity
          walks, Light the Night is unique in that it is a night-time walk.
          Participants raising a minimum of $25 will receive a lighted red
          balloon to carry as they show their support for the Leukemia &
          Lymphoma Society. In addition, to demonstrate how far leukemia and
          lymphoma research has come, survivors carry white balloons,
          signifying their courage to overcome these dreaded diseases.

          Leukemia is a leading disease killer of children in the United States
          and yet it strikes 10 times as many adults. An estimated 632,000
          Americans are currently living with leukemia, lymphoma or myeloma.
          Thirty years ago, individuals diagnosed with leukemia or with one of
          its related cancers only had a very short time to live. The average
          survival rate for all forms of leukemia is now about 40%! Even
          better news is that the most common form of childhood leukemia now as
          a survival rate of 82%! A cure is in sight!

          Thank you for your consideration. If you have any questions, please
          do not hesitate to contact me at (916) 369-7581.

          Sincerely,

          Suzanne Bartlett
          Sr. Campaign Manager

          ____ Yes, our company would like to donate our product for the 2002
          Light the Night Walk.
          ____ No, our company is not interested in making an in-kind donation,
          but please accept our cash donation of ______.
          ____ No, our company is not interested in making an in-kind donation,
          but we are interested in forming a corporate team for the 2002 Light
          the Night Walk.

          Company Name: ________________________________________________
          Contact Name: _________________________________________________
          Address: ______________________________________________________
          City: _____________________________ State: ___________ Zip: ________
          Phone: ___________________________ E-mail: ______________________

          Please fax this form to Suzanne Bartlett at (916) 369-0812 or mail to
          The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society at 3105 Fite Circle, Suite 101
          Sacramento, CA 95827

          --- In damento@yahoogroups.com, "Granny Muffinz Travelin' Puppet
          Show" <granny@d...> wrote:
          > 03-18-03
          >
          > Hello,
          >
          > My name is Ruth Chambers and I'm Granny of Granny Muffinz Travelin'
          Show. I have a puppet stage and do a show within the puppet stage
          and infront of the stage. I had a juggling section of my show.

          > If you are interested in my performing just let me know. I have
          photos and upcoming performance dates.

          > Ruth
          > 530 757-7045

          We
          > would only request about 2hrs of your time, but I think you would
          > enjoy it. If you would be interested and want to know more
          details,
          > please let me know, and I will send you a letter. Please include
          an
          > address or fax # where I can send it.
          >
          > Thank you, Carrie Chase
          > cchase257 at yahoo dot com
          > -----------------------------------
          > I asked for more specific information and received this:
          > -----------------------------------
          > Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:36:05 -0800 (PST)
          > From: Carrie Chase <cchase257@y...>
          > To: <marianme@e...>
          > Subject: RE: Donation
          >

          > I realize that I am being vague right now. Sorry about that. We
          > actually will be needing a couple jugglers for the couple hours.
          If
          > that is not possible, let me know. In the mean time, could you
          send
          > me an address where I may send some information on the event. It
          > will explain in detail what is to happen. If this is possible we
          > would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, Carrie Chase
          >
          > -------------------------------
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          >

          > To unsubscribe, send a blank message to: damento-
          unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
          > For other group features, go to
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/damento

          Service.

        • clinstrum
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 19, 2003
            Patricia

            For me personally, the time I spend hanging out with the Damentos is
            mostly about socializing with friends while doing something I really
            enjoy. I really like juggling with the gang on Friday nights, and
            it's also fun once in a while to combine juggling and socializing
            with other activities like teaching at festivals and libraries and
            such.

            However, going out in groups of two or three to go teach or perform
            on a regular basis just isn't my thing. That's almost like turning
            my juggling hobby into a vocation, and my commitment to juggling
            doesn't quite extend that far - nor does my free time.

            I'd prefer to see our external commitments (as a club at least)
            cranked down to a level where a fair number of us could participate
            each time. Also, I'd like to see an emphasis on activities which
            have at least a little bit of a built in fun factor and which are
            going to be easy for everyone to attend - like on weekends and
            evenings. Whether we get paid or not would be a secondary factor.
            Probability of finding people who want to join us might be a little
            more important.

            Of course, this is just my own view. If there are some folks who
            really like the various teaching gigs and such and who want to do
            that as often as possible, then I will just pick and choose the
            activities that sound like fun and that fit into my schedule.

            Chris