It's January: DAMENTOFEST month!

  • patricia
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2003
      Hello Damentos, friends, fellow jugglers et al...
      January is here! Happy New Year!

      Mike Brown and I went on a little tour of the festival
      site yesterday (at Cosumnes River College) and
      environs and it all seems so perfect for our little
      juggling festival! The gym is SO huge and beautiful!
      It�s such a great place with very easy access right
      off the freeway, exactly 10 minutes from downtown
      Sacramento! ...Ten drinking fountains, spacious
      classrooms for workshops, showers, and...we found out
      that there will be a mexican flea market in the
      parking lot Sat and Sun with fresh tamales, atole,
      tacos, quesadillas, fresh fruit and vegetable stands
      and trash and treasures for those inclined to shop for
      trinkets! One mile from the college entrance there�s
      a new shopping center with movie theatres, thai,
      sushi, jamba juice and original pete�s pizza! Just a
      little further, you find a 24-hour huge supermarket
      with bakery, bulk foods, pharmacy, (you can get your
      Coleman fuel here!) plus a small very cheap pizza
      place that sells pizza by the slice! A Carl�s Jr. is
      also there. And about a mile going in the other
      direction, there�s Togo�s and Baskin Robbins and
      several gas stations and mini-marts....also on campus,
      within short walking distance from the gym there�s a
      NO FEE ATM!
      We will post all this info on the website and also
      have specific directions available at the fest
      registration table. Remember, entrance to the fest is
      on Center Parkway, Parking lots A and B.
      Our Damento Mementos arrived last week...I was so
      thrilled!!! they are SO BEAUTIFUL!! (thanks to
      Johanna Thaxter for the idea) And I�m working on
      soliciting donations for our hospitality table (to be
      set up by Friday at 5:00pm) and, hopefully, kept
      stocked with drink, food and snacks throughout the
      fest!

      for more info, to participate and volunteer email me
      or
      workshops@...
      performers@...
      housing@...
      the website is www.damento.org

      4th Annual Damento Juggling Festival
      Friday, January 31 - 2:00pm to midnite
      Saturday, February 1 - 10:00am to midnite
      Sunday, February 2 - 10:00am to 6:00pm
      Juggling Show Extravaganza - Sat Feb 1 - 7:30pm

      See you there on Friday, January 31st....let�s
      juggle!!

      (if you received this email more than once, I
      apologize! and, please, forward to your email lists
      and friends!) :)

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com