Re: [damento] Damento Festival 2003 flyer

  • Jeremy H
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 7, 2002
      no attachment? :(

      From: patricia <patriciaaleya@...>
      To: damento@yahoogroups.com
      CC: martin frost <me@...>, robert harris <trebor@...>,
      Keith the leaf Hirschman <keith_leaf@...>, mike brown
      <mbrown@...>
      Subject: [damento] Damento Festival 2003 flyer
      Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:10:51 -0700 (PDT)

      Hello Damentos!

      Robert McAbee has agreed to be our street performer at
      the event that was posted, A Taste of Sacramento, this
      Friday, August 9th....I have volunteered to be there
      for cheering, moral support and maybe a little passing
      of clubs...what I will also be passing are flyers for
      our Damento Festival (I cleared it with the
      organizer)...after much deliberation, receiving
      feedback from many and doing the math, we have decided
      to charge $10 for a festival pass which includes all
      the goodies...all 3 days... (or just the weekend, or 1
      day)...of course, there will be many opportunities for
      jugglers to volunteer and get in for free...attached
      is what our first flyer looks like; I had to do it
      kinda quickly to be able to hand them out this friday;
      we are still looking for a designer for the official
      logo of the festival and a witty, unique saying such
      as "plays well with others" that can go in the back
      (or front?) of our t-shirts. YOUR ideas and input are
      welcome! and, please consider joining the Organizing
      Committee!
      *a juggling hug*

    • Jeff Newmiller
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 7, 2002
        On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Jeremy H wrote:

        > no attachment? :(

        All attachments are stripped from messages on list.

        Email patricia directly to have her send it to you offlist, or she can put
        it on the http://groups.yahoo.com/group/damento/files/ page for access by
        damento mailing list members.

        DCN:<jdnewmil@...> Basics: ##.#. ##.#. Live Go...
        Live: OO#.. Dead: OO#.. Playing
      • Ken Schatz
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 8, 2002
          Jeff,

          Are you the moderator/owner? I recently joined the group as catsailor55 am
          waiting to be approved or whatever it is you do to give me full membership
          in damento jugglers.

          Thanks
          Ken Schatz

          > All attachments are stripped from messages on list.
          >
          > Email patricia directly to have her send it to you offlist, or she can put
          > it on the http://groups.yahoo.com/group/damento/files/ page for access by
          > damento mailing list members.

          -
          > Jeff Newmiller The ..... ..... Go
          Live...
          > DCN:<jdnewmil@...> Basics: ##.#. ##.#. Live
          Go...
          > Live: OO#.. Dead: OO#.. Playing
          > Research Engineer (Solar/Batteries O.O#. #.O#. with
          > /Software/Embedded Controllers) .OO#. .OO#.
          rocks...2k

        • Jeff Newmiller
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 8, 2002
            On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Ken Schatz wrote:

            > Jeff,
            >
            > Are you the moderator/owner?

            I am nominally the list owner. Kim set it up originally, and has tried
            hand it off to me. However, Yahoo can't seem to get it through their thick
            skulls that Kim doesn't want to receive the notices of new members and I
            do, so she gets the notices. She is usually pretty good about responding
            anyway, but I guess not this time.

            > I recently joined the group as catsailor55 am waiting to be approved
            > or whatever it is you do to give me full membership in damento
            > jugglers.

            You're in. I usually look for some kind of self identification in people
            joining, because I really dislike spam in mailing lists. Since spammers
            like to hit and run, I make each member fess up who they are (at least to
            me, in private) before letting them post. Your message is just what I like
            to see (a person behind the email), though it certainly doesn't have to be
            announced on the list. ;)

            So you are welcome to comment on matters relating to Juggling, circus
            arts, or anything related to the Damentos, but please don't announce hot
            stock tips or garage sales (unless there is juggling equipment involved!).
            Thanks! ;)

            DCN:<jdnewmil@...> Basics: ##.#. ##.#. Live Go...
            Live: OO#.. Dead: OO#.. Playing
          • kim_yasuda
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 9, 2002
              > I am nominally the list owner. Kim set it up originally, and has
              tried
              > hand it off to me. However, Yahoo can't seem to get it through
              their thick
              > skulls that Kim doesn't want to receive the notices of new members
              and I
              > do, so she gets the notices. She is usually pretty good about
              responding
              > anyway, but I guess not this time.

              Actually, when this list was first started as eGroups, I turned it
              over to Monica (Monica gets along with and makes a wide variety of
              people feel comfortable). When Monica moved, she had me contact
              Trinity and changed the groups ownership over to Jeff. Receiving
              notices does not bother me. I did try to send an email to Ken's
              new/additional address, but did not receive a response. I did
              receive a response from Julia.
              Kim
            • Granny Muffinz Travelin' Puppet Show
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 11, 2002
                Great e-mail. Thank you. This isn't about a garage sale, as a matter of fact it's not about anything except Thank You DamentoITES.

                Ruth Chambers
                of Granny Muffinz Travelin' Puppet Show