Performing Gig Aug 9th

  • kim_yasuda
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 26, 2002
      I received the following email about a performing gig. I wrote back
      to ask if there was any money involved or if it was just performance
      in exchange for the $40 entrance fee to the event, but haven't heard
      back, yet. Either way it sounds like it would look good on a resume
      for a performer and the event sounds fun.

      If you take the gig, please reply back to let us know.
      Kim

      --- On Thu 07/25, Kevin Cotter < KevinC@... >
      From: Kevin Cotter [mailto: KevinC@...]
      To: marianme@...
      Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:42:05 -0700
      Subject: A Taste of Sacramento

      Kim Yasuda
      I am the Marketing Assistant at Easter Seals Superior California and
      we are having an event at the Sacramento Conventino Center on Friday
      August 9th, from 5:30 to 9:30 pm called A Taste of Sacramento, which
      is a benefit for Easter Seals. This is the 4th annual event which
      offers samplings from area restaurants, wineries, and breweries.
      There are over 60 different participants and 1500 people will be in
      attendance. We chose Mardi Gras as this years theme and are looking
      for some street performing type acts , such as juggling, to give the
      event a real New Orleans atmosphere. We are looking for someone to do
      a few short performances and inbetween they could enjoy themselves at
      the booths, there is also going to be a silent auction, door prizes,
      and a raffle for a trip to New Orleans. If you could contact me
      through the information provided below or reply by email we could
      discuss some details. If you like you can go to our website
      www.atasteofsacramento.com and find more information on our event and
      all of our participants. Have a nice day.

      Kevin Cotter

      Marketing & Development Assistant
      Easter Seals Superior California
      3205 Hurley Way
      Sacramento, CA 95864
      (916) 679-3119
    • kim_yasuda
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 26, 2002
        More details:
        --- On Fri 07/26, Kevin Cotter < KevinC@... >
        From: Kevin Cotter [mailto: KevinC@...]
        To: marianme@...
        Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:07:46 -0700
        Subject: RE: A Taste of Sacramento

        Kim,

        What we are hoping for is to get just one juggler. We could give
        him/her a couple of complimentary tickets to the event for themself
        and a friend.
        We don't really have any set time for them to juggle just whenever
        he/she feels like it. When their not performing they are more then
        welcome to roam around the event and sample from all the restaurants,
        breweries, and wineries. We are very flexible and just want someone
        to add to the atmosphere. I would appreciate it if you could place
        an ad on the message board saying that a juggler is wanted for A
        Taste of Sacramento in exchange for complimentary tickets. Shift
        would be from 5:30 to 9:30 and they are welcome to juggle as long as
        they want and as often as they want. Just as long as they do come
        and juggle. If anyone is interested have them contact me at 916-679-
        3119.