Friday McKinley

  • marianme
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2002
      Friday Juggling
      6pm until dark
      McKinley Park, Sacramento
      Alhambra Blvd between H St & McKinley in front of the brick building

      Temperature is supposed to drop into the 80Fs by Friday so come on
      out and get some juggling before it gets too hot.

      Last Friday, a couple of people from Channel 3 stopped to take some
      footage of Jordan and Brent juggling knives and fire. They were
      looking for people doing things other than watching the Kings game.
      I don't know if it was aired or not.

      See you!
      Kim
    • Bill Gilliland
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2002
        Hello;

        Just a Reminder, next week we'll be going to visit the 2003 Damento
        Festival site, Mike Brown suggested meeting in central park in Davis, to
        commute to McKinley park and hook up with the Sacramento Damentos before
        heading to Consumnes River college.

        Thanks,
        Bill
      • patricia
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 11, 2002
          hey damentos! i write to you from Paris!! and, i am so
          sorry that i will not be at the festival 2003 meeting
          next friday since my flight changed (many details to
          be explained here) and so now i arrive friday nite in
          san francisco...i have been having an extraordinary
          time in europe, dancing a lot of tango, visiting
          prague, budapest, vienna and berlin...with my favorite
          being budapest...and i enjoyed the juggling festival
          in Klagenfurt a lot; southern vienna, in a monastery;
          with camping and food being served there, including
          beer and wine! everything seemed so informal! the
          workshops were announced just before they happened and
          the open stage was totally improvised...everyone just
          went up and did their thing as they wished; about 8
          guys went a picked up a little fiat 500 and moved it
          160 degrees!! that was cool. anyway i met a lot of
          wonderful jugglers and juggled lots and learned to do
          doubles in 3 count from the right and the left!! oh,
          they charged 26 euros for the entire festival but did
          not check if people paid, nor did they give them
          anything that showed that you had paid, it was total
          trust. the 26 euros included one small pizza and one
          drink.
          \hope ya all have a GREAT meeting...i look forward to
          hearing feedback and ideas...after being in
          Klagenfurt, and talking to some of the organizers
          there and talking about the EJC, i am really looking
          forward to Damento 2003!!!!
          well, i have lots more to tell ya all...gotta
          go...paris awaits!
          hugs

          http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
        • kim_yasuda
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2002
            Friday Juggling
            6pm until ??
            McKinley Park, Sacramento
            Alhambra Blvd between H St & McKinley in front of the brick building

            It's getting dark earlier now. Lighted props would work well
            starting just a little after 8pm. If you bring fire, please bring
            fire safety equipment too (fire ext., fire blanket, etc.).

            See you!