festival

  • Katje Sabin
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2002
      > From: patricia <patriciaaleya@...>
      >Subject: proposed site for festival
      >
      >Hello Damentos,
      >I have found a WONDERFUL site for our next Damento
      >Juggling Festival!!! ...and it IS available the first
      >weekend in February and it is very reasonable; only 10
      >minutes from downtown Sacramento: Cosumnes River
      >College: a huge gym, with showers, space for
      >workshops, outside space for unicyclists, staff,
      >tossing things high up in the air; possible food right
      >there on campus...

      i can't come saturday, but i would suggest to you that the big
      moneymaker of the festival is the show, and having a theater in
      walking distance is a big plus. might want to check on that with the
      school. (we had about 600 people last year at the show, & broke
      even... if you could sell 700 tickets, you'd have money left over for
      donations).

      also, we were able negotiate a better price for the fest based on the
      fact that it was a free community event. once you start charging
      admission, even if you call it "donations," it can cause your prices
      to go up. and even though bill and i aren't working on the fest right
      now, when we founded it, we had the model of lodi in mind (re: free
      fest accessible to everyone, teaching an emphasis, no payment to
      teachers or staff other than show admission and shirts if we had
      extra, that sort of thing). so, my vote would be to keep the fest
      free if at all possible.

      just my 2 cents,

      katje
      --
    • patricia
      Message 2 of 2 , May 10, 2002
        Hello Damentos et all! It's official!!

        4TH ANNUAL DAMENTO JUGGLING FESTIVAL at
        Cosumnes River College, Sacramento, California
        Friday, January 31, 2003
        Saturday, February 1, 2003
        Sunday, February 2, 2003

        Open juggling in huge beautiful gym which will be
        exclusively for us jugglers, outside grassy areas and
        cement areas for unicycling, workshops, free snacks,
        showers, juggling show on saturday, FREE convenient
        parking, and much more!

        Mark your calendars now! 10 minutes from downtown
        Sacramento on Hwy. 99. The Damento Jugglers will
        continue to try to find lodging for all those from out
        of town who attend. There will be a small suggested
        donation at the door for adults only plus a reasonable
        ticket price to attend the show. Thanks to all who
        have given their input & ideas so far! We invite you
        to join the "Organizing Committee" and help in the
        creation of this festival!

        YOU ARE ALL INVITED to come juggle at Cosumnes River
        College on Friday, June 14th from 6:30pm to
        9:30pm...at some point during that evening, munching
        on some nice snack we'll bring, we will be having an
        organizational meeting about the February festival
        ...Many details need to be decided upon now! .....we
        need help, support, ideas, input; please join us! (if
        ya can't be there, send email!)
        As said before, we are not asking anyone for tons of
        time commitment; whatever you can do is needed and
        appreciated! On June 14th, we will be arranging
        carpools to Cosumnes from Davis and from McKinley Park
        (usual Friday juggling meeting place) - Mark your
        calendars now and plan to join us!

        thanks!
        :)
        Patricia Thaxter and Mike Brown

        AND please forward this message to all the jugglers
        you know!! :)

        http://shopping.yahoo.com