Brad Spilled the Beans...

  • william
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2009
      Who the hell is Mark Witten??? I can't believe this person is actually a sportswriter...

      Fri May 01, 2009 7:28 am EDT
      Did Brad Johnson spill beans on Dallas lockerroom issues?
      Ever since the late-season eruption that led to the discord the in Dallas Cowboys' lockerroom, which ultimately led to the unloading of wide receiver Terrell Owens, it was widely believed it was tight end Mark Witten, who was the
      unnamed source who spilled the beans to ESPN, according to the Dallas
      Morning News.
      However, the NFL Network seems to believe the 'snitch' was aging and out-going quarterback Brad Johnson, who leaked the problems between Witten, quarterback Tony Romo and Owens.
      In
      Werder's report there was this unattributed quote: "He's insecure about
      it. The thing that bothers me more than anything about this problem is
      that it's always something with him — San Fran, Philly and here, always
      something. And he brings other people into it. You know, he talks to Sam Hurd and Roy Williams,
      who just got here and doesn't really know these guys. T.O. talks to him
      and so now he probably thinks Witten politics with Tony for the ball.
      That's so far from the truth. You think Tony is throwing to him because
      that's his buddy? His best buddy is Bobby Carpenter, and that's not helping him too much. It's crazy to think that, and I hate that he acts that way."
      The
      Morning News suggested Johnson had several reasons to throw Owens under
      the bus from Johnson realizing his career was over to Johnson believing
      Owens deserved to get called on the carpet for his antics.
      Source: Dallas Morning News