Re: Camp Hits....

  • ccw_1982
    Message 1 of 44 , Aug 1, 2008
      this is what gets me, as a fan/teammate why would you get excited
      about this? sure you might say "wow that was an amazing hit" but
      THAT WAS HIS TEAMMATE he nearly injured. What if roles were reversed
      and say Roy Williams came in and blasted Barber causing him to
      struggle to get up? The only reason no one cares is because it's
      Tyson Smith, a guy who wont make the team

      Regardless of adreniline or being caught up in the moment, you have
      to control yourself when it's your teammates on the other side of the
      ball

      --- In dallascowboyfanclub@yahoogroups.com, "William"
      <wcoleman1625@...> wrote:

      > July 31, 2008
      >
      > Barbarian Hit: Most vicious of training camp
      >
      > During one-on-one blocking drills RB Marion Barber just delivered
      the most
      > violent hit of training camp. He blasted linebacker Tyson Smith and
      knocked
      > him completely on his back to the roar of the crowd. Barber took
      his turn
      > and walked away. Smith couldn't get up and the play ended the
      drill.

      > Smith was knocked silly and rested on one knee with the trainers on
      the
      > field.
      >
      > Other notable standouts in the blocking drill between linebackers
      and
      > running backs: Zach Thomas, Bradie James, Greg Ellis and for the
      running
      > backs it was Felix Jones and Deon Anderson doing pretty well.
      >
      > - Rick Herrin

    • Dan
      Message 44 of 44 , Aug 7, 2008
        one of my really good friends is a packers fan...we're trying to work
        out a roadtrip to lambeau field to see that game. ive always wanted to
        see a game there and this seems like a good opportunity.

        the game at pittsburgh is also a strong possibility

        what about you