Freethought Day Camp

  • David Wallace Croft
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17, 2009
      Please see the attached regarding a freethought day camp.

      --
      David Wallace Croft / (214) 636-3790 m
      http://www.CroftSoft.com/people/david/

      Hey y'all!

      I wanted to let everyone know that some of the NTCOF members have started organizing a freethought camp for kids. Our immediate goal is a day-long camp event on August 30th, with plans for another day camp this winter, next spring, and a week-long day camp in the summer of 2010. We'd like to make it a sleepaway camp by 2011 at the latest.

      The organizing directors are agreed that this would be an excellent project to open up to the DFWCoR. Please talk with any families in your respective groups to gauge interest in the camp, and also with any members who might be interested in volunteering. We have about 30 kids in our group as potential campers, and I'd like to double that number if possible.

      I'm currently in the process of contacting the Camp Quest leadership to see if we can use their model and branding. If not, we still plan to move ahead with the camp.

      Best regards,

      Zachary Moore, PhD
      Executive Director
      North Texas Church of Freethought