North Texas Atheists

  • David Wallace Croft
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 9, 2006
      North Texas Atheists:

      A couple of days ago, I discovered Upcoming.org. It appears to be a
      free version of Meetup.com. It was recently purchased by Yahoo so I
      suspect it will take off in a big way.

      As you might recall, Dallas Brights started to fade when we stopped
      using Meetup.com. We stopped using Meetup.com because they changed
      from a free service to a monthly fee. Hopefully Upcoming.org, as a
      free service, will be able to attract the same attention that
      Meetup.com did as far as attracting new people. I suspect it will
      depend on how easy it is for people to find groups when searching by
      region.

      I created an Upcoming.org activism group, North Texas Atheists, which
      will address local state-church separation issues. At our first
      meeting, we will adopt bylaws and hold elections.
      http://upcoming.org/group/1127/

      I also created an Upcoming.org group for the Humanist Fellowship of
      North Texas:
      http://upcoming.org/group/1138/

      --
      David Wallace Croft / (214) 636-3790 m
      http://www.CroftSoft.com/people/david/
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 12, 2006
        Dallas Brights,

        On August 30th, the North Texas Atheists group was launched on
        MySpace.com. They also have a Yahoo Groups mailing list.
        http://groups.myspace.com/northtexasatheists