Re: Can I Come Too?

  • Russ
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 14, 2005
      Roger that Fred. I'll get with Jim, and will firm up either the 22nd
      or 29th.

      Hear that fellas? Anyone prefer one or the other, or should I say
      does either date NOT work for someone, that would really like to come?

      We'll have LOTS on deck. Vintage, high end, DIY, Full Range, Coax,
      Triax, Conventional, Push pull from 8 to 100wpc, and yes a few sand
      amps thrown in (bite me).

      Cheers,
      Russ
    • tim nickerson
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 15, 2005
        Russ

        Jan 22nd works best for me.

        I'll be out of town on 29th.
        Gonna try some January camping.

        Tim

        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
          Hello Russ and all, My computer blew up. LiterallY. I lost
          everything. That was last Thursday. I'm set up with a new 'puter now.
          Actually, I would like for those who were on my private email to send
          me a message so I can add you to my address book. So, Russ, are we on
          for Saturday? We need to set things up? Time? Food? Audio?Thanks
          jim...
          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Russ" <ranchodeaudio@c...>
          wrote:

          > I'm thinking about having it on a Saturday, in the next 2-3 weeks.
          >
          > Thoughts? Lots of new goodies to listen to.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Russ
        • Russ
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
            Lets do it, the 22nd it is.

            If this is an open invite to the North Texas Audio Jam also, let me
            know so I can plan the grub accordingly. BYOB, I'll pick up the soft
            drinks, and SOME suds.

            11am - whenever. Be there, or loose hair. I think I'm covered on
            pretty much everything, sources, etc. Maybe a couple more pairs of
            interconnects if someone wanted to bring something. That being said,
            feel free to bring whatever you want gear wise also, I'll have 3
            listening areas setup. I don't have any of my tables set up, but if
            someone wants to hear some vinyl, let me know and I'll get them setup.

            Room 1:
            Polk SDA SRS 2 w/ upgraded tweeters
            Vandersteen 2
            Carver TFM-45 375w solid state
            Parasound HCA-1000a THX 135w solid state
            Melos SHA-1 6922 Tube Line Amp
            AMC CD8B CDP
            MIT

            Room 2:
            PSB Century 800i
            Spendor 1/2
            Audire Crescendo 75w solid state
            Beard P-100 KT88 100w Tube push-pull
            Melos SHA-1 6922 Tube Line Amp
            AMC CD8B CDP
            Audio Alchemcy DAC / Jitter Reducer
            Audioquest / Signal Cable / PS Audio

            Room 3:
            Univeristy Triax
            Electrovoice Triax
            Polk Monitor 60
            Rat Shack Tuned Quarter Wave
            Radii MMP-01 Tube Line Amp
            Radii MPP-08 6BM8 8w Tube push-pull
            Dynaco SCA-35 Tube Integrated
            Marantz CD-63se CDP
            Chord / DH Labs / Signal Cable

            + much, MUCH more

            Addy: 5801 Hidden Pine Lane, McKinney 75070
            Phone: 214-287-7476

            Just northwest of 121 and 75.

            Cheers,
            Russ
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
              It is an open invite for Audio Circle's North Texas Audio Jam if you
              wish. The host always has control of his own home and the format(s).
              You can invite guys at Audio Circle or I can later today. let me
              know. I'm swamped because of the computer crash and family stuff this
              morning. i've lost ALL my email lists of guys that have been coming
              but haven't joined our group.jim...

            • jlsem@aol.com
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
                In a message dated 1/17/05 8:53:18 AM Pacific Standard Time, ranchodeaudio@... writes:
                11am. BYOB.

                Wow.  You guys start early.

                John
              • Russ
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
                  Hey, you'll NEED a drink just to deal with the BS some of these
                  chumps spew. ;)

                  --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, jlsem@a... wrote:
                  > In a message dated 1/17/05 8:53:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
                  > ranchodeaudio@c... writes:
                  >
                  > 11am. BYOB.
                  >
                  > Wow. You guys start early.
                  >
                  > John
                • Russ
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
                    Jim

                    If you could just send the standard email to our group, I'll make a
                    post over at AC.

                    Cheers,
                    Russ
                  • tim nickerson
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                      Russ

                      I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you are
                      interested.

                      Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                      variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.

                      Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them out
                      of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                      listen to them. Just an offer.

                      Tim

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                        You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a week or two of safe
                        keeping! 8:-) jim...
                        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim nickerson
                        <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
                        > Russ
                        >
                        > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you are
                        > interested.
                        >
                        > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                        > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
                        >
                        > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them out
                        > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                        > listen to them. Just an offer.
                        >
                        > Tim
                      • Russ
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                          Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY familar with the
                          beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it used for just a few
                          minutes.

                          I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring them,
                          let's 'permanently' install them on something, say the Vandersteens?

                          I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and out, speakers
                          sure, gear ehh...

                          Cheers,
                          Russ
                        • tim nickerson
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                            Russ

                            What is the sensitivity of the Vandersteens?

                            Also, we need to BETTER define 'permanently' install
                            on
                            Vandersteens. :-)

                            I agree with your point of bringing gear to meet, only
                            to have it used for just a few minutes. Several
                            meetings I have been at I never did get to hear a lot
                            of the gear.

                            But, if you cna use them, I'll be glad to bring them.
                            Fairly easy to disconnect from my system. Carrying
                            weight is the only issue.

                            Tim

                            --- Russ <ranchodeaudio@...> wrote:

                            > Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY
                            > familar with the
                            > beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it
                            > used for just a few
                            > minutes.
                            >
                            > I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring
                            > them,
                            > let's 'permanently' install them on something, say
                            > the Vandersteens?
                            >
                            > I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and
                            > out, speakers
                            > sure, gear ehh...
                            >
                            > Cheers,
                            > Russ

                          • tim nickerson
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                              Jim

                              I've only been to several meetings but I have noticed
                              a 'trend'.
                              A piece of gear visits someone else's system and ...
                              it's gone...
                              Like a pair of 300B push pull amps you built. :-)

                              I'd like to discuss those with you and maybe a
                              schematic sketch.

                              Looking forward to Saturday.

                              Tim

                              --- "jim@..." <jim@...> wrote:

                              > You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a
                              > week or two of safe
                              > keeping! 8:-) jim...
                              > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim
                              > nickerson
                              > <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
                              > > Russ
                              > >
                              > > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you
                              > are
                              > > interested.
                              > >
                              > > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                              > > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
                              > >
                              > > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them
                              > out
                              > > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                              > > listen to them. Just an offer.
                              > >
                              > > Tim

                            • Russ
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 19, 2005
                                Around 90db for a good guess.

                                As far as the permanent install, meaning if you DO bring them over,
                                we'll hook them up on the Vandy's and they will STAY on the Vandy's
                                for the entire meet. You know, Ronco 'em.

                                Cheers,
                                Russ
                              • Russ
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 20, 2005
                                  Tim,

                                  The attendance is growing fairly steadily, as is the gear.

                                  I say we 'save' the VTL's for another meet. Believe me, I want to
                                  hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little time with them
                                  too. I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.

                                  Right now, looks like there will be more gear than time. On that
                                  note, I'm rearranging the layout, the 'cave' will be a lock, with the
                                  best I have to offer - no swapping, no tweaking, just my best for
                                  listening enjoyment.

                                  Cheers,
                                  Russ
                                • tim nickerson
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 23, 2005
                                    Russ

                                    I did not know you cared so much.
                                    > Believe me, I want to
                                    > hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little
                                    > time with them too.
                                    > I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.!!

                                    WOW

                                    And I thought you were a Sand Amp kinda guy. :-)

                                    Enjoyed the meet.
                                    Thanks for hosting.

                                    Tim