Re: Liars, Cheats and Thieves

  • jimrivers3
    Message 1 of 10 , May 12, 2009
      To put in my two cents as founder of the Dallas Audio Club. On our home page is our "statement". Copied and pasted below. As you should see, we are not affiliated with any audio group except Lone Star Bottleheads. Which used to be a Yahoo group like this one before Luther took it up a notch.

      A group to further audiophile gatherings, music listening, gear swapping/selling and info sharing for folks in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area. Spread the word about your favorite music on analog and digital formats.
      Also visit our pals at... http://lonestarbottleheads.org/

      As I hope you can see, this group was my (semi-successful?) attempt to bring together those dedicated to the love of music, meeting new people with similar interests and swapping and selling stuff to each other. I could have said mainly for the DIY enthusiast too. But so many of us love music but don't build our own gear. My high hopes fizzled several years ago when only, of the 90 members or so back then, only 5 or 6 of the same people were ever willing to open their homes to meetings. A big dose of reality for me. Because of personal issues, I've backed away from all things audio as a hobby, including this club and audio websites. But will say I am sorry things sometimes (always?) seem to not go smooth when people meet or talk over issues they are passionate about. Good luck getting along in the future.
      jim...