Can I Come Too?

    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 14, 2005
      Don't forget the Lone Star botts meet on Feb 5th. I would like to
      come to the Dallas meeting if you have it on Jan 22 or 29, or any
      Sat in Feb other than the 5th.

      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Russ" <ranchodeaudio@c...>
      wrote:

      > I'm thinking about having it on a Saturday, in the next 2-3 weeks.
      >
      > Thoughts? Lots of new goodies to listen to.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Russ
    • Russ
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 14, 2005
        Roger that Fred. I'll get with Jim, and will firm up either the 22nd
        or 29th.

        Hear that fellas? Anyone prefer one or the other, or should I say
        does either date NOT work for someone, that would really like to come?

        We'll have LOTS on deck. Vintage, high end, DIY, Full Range, Coax,
        Triax, Conventional, Push pull from 8 to 100wpc, and yes a few sand
        amps thrown in (bite me).

        Cheers,
        Russ
      • tim nickerson
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 15, 2005
          Russ

          Jan 22nd works best for me.

          I'll be out of town on 29th.
          Gonna try some January camping.

          Tim

          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
            Hello Russ and all, My computer blew up. LiterallY. I lost
            everything. That was last Thursday. I'm set up with a new 'puter now.
            Actually, I would like for those who were on my private email to send
            me a message so I can add you to my address book. So, Russ, are we on
            for Saturday? We need to set things up? Time? Food? Audio?Thanks
            jim...
            wrote:

            > I'm thinking about having it on a Saturday, in the next 2-3 weeks.
            >
            > Thoughts? Lots of new goodies to listen to.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Russ
          • Russ
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
              Lets do it, the 22nd it is.

              If this is an open invite to the North Texas Audio Jam also, let me
              know so I can plan the grub accordingly. BYOB, I'll pick up the soft
              drinks, and SOME suds.

              11am - whenever. Be there, or loose hair. I think I'm covered on
              pretty much everything, sources, etc. Maybe a couple more pairs of
              interconnects if someone wanted to bring something. That being said,
              feel free to bring whatever you want gear wise also, I'll have 3
              listening areas setup. I don't have any of my tables set up, but if
              someone wants to hear some vinyl, let me know and I'll get them setup.

              Room 1:
              Polk SDA SRS 2 w/ upgraded tweeters
              Vandersteen 2
              Carver TFM-45 375w solid state
              Parasound HCA-1000a THX 135w solid state
              Melos SHA-1 6922 Tube Line Amp
              AMC CD8B CDP
              MIT

              Room 2:
              PSB Century 800i
              Spendor 1/2
              Audire Crescendo 75w solid state
              Beard P-100 KT88 100w Tube push-pull
              Melos SHA-1 6922 Tube Line Amp
              AMC CD8B CDP
              Audio Alchemcy DAC / Jitter Reducer
              Audioquest / Signal Cable / PS Audio

              Room 3:
              Univeristy Triax
              Electrovoice Triax
              Polk Monitor 60
              Rat Shack Tuned Quarter Wave
              Radii MMP-01 Tube Line Amp
              Radii MPP-08 6BM8 8w Tube push-pull
              Dynaco SCA-35 Tube Integrated
              Marantz CD-63se CDP
              Chord / DH Labs / Signal Cable

              + much, MUCH more

              Addy: 5801 Hidden Pine Lane, McKinney 75070
              Phone: 214-287-7476

              Just northwest of 121 and 75.

              Cheers,
              Russ
              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
                It is an open invite for Audio Circle's North Texas Audio Jam if you
                wish. The host always has control of his own home and the format(s).
                You can invite guys at Audio Circle or I can later today. let me
                know. I'm swamped because of the computer crash and family stuff this
                morning. i've lost ALL my email lists of guys that have been coming
                but haven't joined our group.jim...

              • jlsem@aol.com
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
                  In a message dated 1/17/05 8:53:18 AM Pacific Standard Time, ranchodeaudio@... writes:
                  11am. BYOB.

                  Wow.  You guys start early.

                  John
                • Russ
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
                    Hey, you'll NEED a drink just to deal with the BS some of these
                    chumps spew. ;)

                    --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, jlsem@a... wrote:
                    > In a message dated 1/17/05 8:53:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
                    > ranchodeaudio@c... writes:
                    >
                    > 11am. BYOB.
                    >
                    > Wow. You guys start early.
                    >
                    > John
                  • Russ
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
                      Jim

                      If you could just send the standard email to our group, I'll make a
                      post over at AC.

                      Cheers,
                      Russ
                    • tim nickerson
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                        Russ

                        I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you are
                        interested.

                        Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                        variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.

                        Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them out
                        of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                        listen to them. Just an offer.

                        Tim

                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                          You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a week or two of safe
                          keeping! 8:-) jim...
                          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim nickerson
                          <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
                          > Russ
                          >
                          > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you are
                          > interested.
                          >
                          > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                          > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
                          >
                          > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them out
                          > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                          > listen to them. Just an offer.
                          >
                          > Tim
                        • Russ
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                            Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY familar with the
                            beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it used for just a few
                            minutes.

                            I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring them,
                            let's 'permanently' install them on something, say the Vandersteens?

                            I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and out, speakers
                            sure, gear ehh...

                            Cheers,
                            Russ
                          • tim nickerson
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                              Russ

                              What is the sensitivity of the Vandersteens?

                              Also, we need to BETTER define 'permanently' install
                              on
                              Vandersteens. :-)

                              I agree with your point of bringing gear to meet, only
                              to have it used for just a few minutes. Several
                              meetings I have been at I never did get to hear a lot
                              of the gear.

                              But, if you cna use them, I'll be glad to bring them.
                              Fairly easy to disconnect from my system. Carrying
                              weight is the only issue.

                              Tim

                              --- Russ <ranchodeaudio@...> wrote:

                              > Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY
                              > familar with the
                              > beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it
                              > used for just a few
                              > minutes.
                              >
                              > I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring
                              > them,
                              > let's 'permanently' install them on something, say
                              > the Vandersteens?
                              >
                              > I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and
                              > out, speakers
                              > sure, gear ehh...
                              >
                              > Cheers,
                              > Russ

                            • tim nickerson
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                                Jim

                                I've only been to several meetings but I have noticed
                                a 'trend'.
                                A piece of gear visits someone else's system and ...
                                it's gone...
                                Like a pair of 300B push pull amps you built. :-)

                                I'd like to discuss those with you and maybe a
                                schematic sketch.

                                Looking forward to Saturday.

                                Tim

                                --- "jim@..." <jim@...> wrote:

                                > You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a
                                > week or two of safe
                                > keeping! 8:-) jim...
                                > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim
                                > nickerson
                                > <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
                                > > Russ
                                > >
                                > > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you
                                > are
                                > > interested.
                                > >
                                > > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                                > > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
                                > >
                                > > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them
                                > out
                                > > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                                > > listen to them. Just an offer.
                                > >
                                > > Tim

                              • Russ
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 19, 2005
                                  Around 90db for a good guess.

                                  As far as the permanent install, meaning if you DO bring them over,
                                  we'll hook them up on the Vandy's and they will STAY on the Vandy's
                                  for the entire meet. You know, Ronco 'em.

                                  Cheers,
                                  Russ
                                • Russ
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 20, 2005
                                    Tim,

                                    The attendance is growing fairly steadily, as is the gear.

                                    I say we 'save' the VTL's for another meet. Believe me, I want to
                                    hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little time with them
                                    too. I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.

                                    Right now, looks like there will be more gear than time. On that
                                    note, I'm rearranging the layout, the 'cave' will be a lock, with the
                                    best I have to offer - no swapping, no tweaking, just my best for
                                    listening enjoyment.

                                    Cheers,
                                    Russ
                                  • tim nickerson
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jan 23, 2005
                                      Russ

                                      I did not know you cared so much.
                                      > Believe me, I want to
                                      > hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little
                                      > time with them too.
                                      > I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.!!

                                      WOW

                                      And I thought you were a Sand Amp kinda guy. :-)

                                      Enjoyed the meet.
                                      Thanks for hosting.

                                      Tim