So gents, ready for another meet?

  • Russ
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 14, 2005
      I'm thinking about having it on a Saturday, in the next 2-3 weeks.

      Thoughts? Lots of new goodies to listen to.

      Cheers,
      Russ
    • tim nickerson
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 14, 2005
        Happy New Year Russ

        A Saturday sounds good tome.

        TIm

        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 14, 2005
          Don't forget the Lone Star botts meet on Feb 5th. I would like to
          come to the Dallas meeting if you have it on Jan 22 or 29, or any
          Sat in Feb other than the 5th.

          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Russ" <ranchodeaudio@c...>
          wrote:

          > I'm thinking about having it on a Saturday, in the next 2-3 weeks.
          >
          > Thoughts? Lots of new goodies to listen to.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Russ
        • Russ
          Message 4 of 19 , Jan 14, 2005
            Roger that Fred. I'll get with Jim, and will firm up either the 22nd
            or 29th.

            Hear that fellas? Anyone prefer one or the other, or should I say
            does either date NOT work for someone, that would really like to come?

            We'll have LOTS on deck. Vintage, high end, DIY, Full Range, Coax,
            Triax, Conventional, Push pull from 8 to 100wpc, and yes a few sand
            amps thrown in (bite me).

            Cheers,
            Russ
          • tim nickerson
            Message 5 of 19 , Jan 15, 2005
              Russ

              Jan 22nd works best for me.

              I'll be out of town on 29th.
              Gonna try some January camping.

              Tim

              Message 6 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
                Hello Russ and all, My computer blew up. LiterallY. I lost
                everything. That was last Thursday. I'm set up with a new 'puter now.
                Actually, I would like for those who were on my private email to send
                me a message so I can add you to my address book. So, Russ, are we on
                for Saturday? We need to set things up? Time? Food? Audio?Thanks
                jim...
                wrote:

                > I'm thinking about having it on a Saturday, in the next 2-3 weeks.
                >
                > Thoughts? Lots of new goodies to listen to.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > Russ
              • Russ
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
                  Lets do it, the 22nd it is.

                  If this is an open invite to the North Texas Audio Jam also, let me
                  know so I can plan the grub accordingly. BYOB, I'll pick up the soft
                  drinks, and SOME suds.

                  11am - whenever. Be there, or loose hair. I think I'm covered on
                  pretty much everything, sources, etc. Maybe a couple more pairs of
                  interconnects if someone wanted to bring something. That being said,
                  feel free to bring whatever you want gear wise also, I'll have 3
                  listening areas setup. I don't have any of my tables set up, but if
                  someone wants to hear some vinyl, let me know and I'll get them setup.

                  Room 1:
                  Polk SDA SRS 2 w/ upgraded tweeters
                  Vandersteen 2
                  Carver TFM-45 375w solid state
                  Parasound HCA-1000a THX 135w solid state
                  Melos SHA-1 6922 Tube Line Amp
                  AMC CD8B CDP
                  MIT

                  Room 2:
                  PSB Century 800i
                  Spendor 1/2
                  Audire Crescendo 75w solid state
                  Beard P-100 KT88 100w Tube push-pull
                  Melos SHA-1 6922 Tube Line Amp
                  AMC CD8B CDP
                  Audio Alchemcy DAC / Jitter Reducer
                  Audioquest / Signal Cable / PS Audio

                  Room 3:
                  Univeristy Triax
                  Electrovoice Triax
                  Polk Monitor 60
                  Rat Shack Tuned Quarter Wave
                  Radii MMP-01 Tube Line Amp
                  Radii MPP-08 6BM8 8w Tube push-pull
                  Dynaco SCA-35 Tube Integrated
                  Marantz CD-63se CDP
                  Chord / DH Labs / Signal Cable

                  + much, MUCH more

                  Addy: 5801 Hidden Pine Lane, McKinney 75070
                  Phone: 214-287-7476

                  Just northwest of 121 and 75.

                  Cheers,
                  Russ
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
                    It is an open invite for Audio Circle's North Texas Audio Jam if you
                    wish. The host always has control of his own home and the format(s).
                    You can invite guys at Audio Circle or I can later today. let me
                    know. I'm swamped because of the computer crash and family stuff this
                    morning. i've lost ALL my email lists of guys that have been coming
                    but haven't joined our group.jim...

                  • jlsem@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
                      In a message dated 1/17/05 8:53:18 AM Pacific Standard Time, ranchodeaudio@... writes:
                      11am. BYOB.

                      Wow.  You guys start early.

                      John
                    • Russ
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
                        Hey, you'll NEED a drink just to deal with the BS some of these
                        chumps spew. ;)

                        --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, jlsem@a... wrote:
                        > In a message dated 1/17/05 8:53:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
                        > ranchodeaudio@c... writes:
                        >
                        > 11am. BYOB.
                        >
                        > Wow. You guys start early.
                        >
                        > John
                      • Russ
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jan 17, 2005
                          Jim

                          If you could just send the standard email to our group, I'll make a
                          post over at AC.

                          Cheers,
                          Russ
                        • tim nickerson
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                            Russ

                            I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you are
                            interested.

                            Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                            variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.

                            Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them out
                            of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                            listen to them. Just an offer.

                            Tim

                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                              You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a week or two of safe
                              keeping! 8:-) jim...
                              --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim nickerson
                              <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
                              > Russ
                              >
                              > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you are
                              > interested.
                              >
                              > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                              > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
                              >
                              > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them out
                              > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                              > listen to them. Just an offer.
                              >
                              > Tim
                            • Russ
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                                Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY familar with the
                                beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it used for just a few
                                minutes.

                                I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring them,
                                let's 'permanently' install them on something, say the Vandersteens?

                                I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and out, speakers
                                sure, gear ehh...

                                Cheers,
                                Russ
                              • tim nickerson
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                                  Russ

                                  What is the sensitivity of the Vandersteens?

                                  Also, we need to BETTER define 'permanently' install
                                  on
                                  Vandersteens. :-)

                                  I agree with your point of bringing gear to meet, only
                                  to have it used for just a few minutes. Several
                                  meetings I have been at I never did get to hear a lot
                                  of the gear.

                                  But, if you cna use them, I'll be glad to bring them.
                                  Fairly easy to disconnect from my system. Carrying
                                  weight is the only issue.

                                  Tim

                                  --- Russ <ranchodeaudio@...> wrote:

                                  > Tim, I would love to hear them, but I am VERY
                                  > familar with the
                                  > beating of bringing gear to meet, only to have it
                                  > used for just a few
                                  > minutes.
                                  >
                                  > I'll leave it up to on this one, if you do bring
                                  > them,
                                  > let's 'permanently' install them on something, say
                                  > the Vandersteens?
                                  >
                                  > I really don't plan on a lot of gear swapping in and
                                  > out, speakers
                                  > sure, gear ehh...
                                  >
                                  > Cheers,
                                  > Russ

                                • tim nickerson
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jan 18, 2005
                                    Jim

                                    I've only been to several meetings but I have noticed
                                    a 'trend'.
                                    A piece of gear visits someone else's system and ...
                                    it's gone...
                                    Like a pair of 300B push pull amps you built. :-)

                                    I'd like to discuss those with you and maybe a
                                    schematic sketch.

                                    Looking forward to Saturday.

                                    Tim

                                    --- "jim@..." <jim@...> wrote:

                                    > You REALLY need to bring those to my house for a
                                    > week or two of safe
                                    > keeping! 8:-) jim...
                                    > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, tim
                                    > nickerson
                                    > <tim_j_nickerson@y...> wrote:
                                    > > Russ
                                    > >
                                    > > I could bring my VTL 80 Watt PP monoblocks if you
                                    > are
                                    > > interested.
                                    > >
                                    > > Looks like you have a lot of equipment and nice
                                    > > variety of Sand Amps vs Tubes.
                                    > >
                                    > > Let me know on the VTLs. I don't want to pull them
                                    > out
                                    > > of the system and lug them over if we don't get to
                                    > > listen to them. Just an offer.
                                    > >
                                    > > Tim

                                  • Russ
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Jan 19, 2005
                                      Around 90db for a good guess.

                                      As far as the permanent install, meaning if you DO bring them over,
                                      we'll hook them up on the Vandy's and they will STAY on the Vandy's
                                      for the entire meet. You know, Ronco 'em.

                                      Cheers,
                                      Russ
                                    • Russ
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jan 20, 2005
                                        Tim,

                                        The attendance is growing fairly steadily, as is the gear.

                                        I say we 'save' the VTL's for another meet. Believe me, I want to
                                        hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little time with them
                                        too. I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.

                                        Right now, looks like there will be more gear than time. On that
                                        note, I'm rearranging the layout, the 'cave' will be a lock, with the
                                        best I have to offer - no swapping, no tweaking, just my best for
                                        listening enjoyment.

                                        Cheers,
                                        Russ
                                      • tim nickerson
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Jan 23, 2005
                                          Russ

                                          I did not know you cared so much.
                                          > Believe me, I want to
                                          > hear them, but I want to be able to spend a little
                                          > time with them too.
                                          > I want to snuggle, hold, and caress them.!!

                                          WOW

                                          And I thought you were a Sand Amp kinda guy. :-)

                                          Enjoyed the meet.
                                          Thanks for hosting.

                                          Tim