RE: [dallasaudioclub] Reminder: April 25 meeting

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009
      Hi All,

      This get together on the 25th, what is plan? Is it just listening, although I would like to hear some vinyl setups.

      Some A-B switching would be great. I think it would be enlightening to see how BIG or subtle the differences are in tube, SS; records, CDs; and speakers. You almost have to switch back and fourth.

      I can bring some home brew interconnects, and I would like to see some other DIY cables.

      I have some audio stuff I can bring for trading or whatever collecting dust like the following, only if someone is interested:

      1. Sennheiser ZP3 Impedance meter

      2. Radioshack DB meter

      3. Rolen Star Transducers, small 2lb solid metal speakers.

      http://www.invisiblestereo.com/
      http://www.lederers.com/products/soundmasking/index.php

      ANY THOUGHTS!!!!

      Paul

      To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
      From: ronh@...
      Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:33:03 -0500
      Subject: RE: [dallasaudioclub] Reminder: April 25 meeting

      If I don't get booked on a job, I will be bringing my Marantz Model 5's and my back willing, my Frazier Model 7 Speakers

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009
        Nothing specific in mind other than checking out the Von Schweikert Unifield-3s and some Electrocompaniet gear I've never heard before. There well be at least two (2) systems setup for starters; a combination of tubed and SS gear should be available plus it looks like additional speakers might show up. I have a bottom end TT, an estate sale record collection, recently acquired tubed phonostage, and a hmmmmmmmm problem I haven't solved yet so no promises on the vinyl side.

        I'm expecting a lot of equipment swapping and A/Bing to occur just like last time. Hopefully, someone will again tempt me with a decent tube amp to drive my speakers.

        I don't have a decent working vinyl setup (yet) so it should be mostly CD (or CD/SACD in my system). I'm hoping someone shows up with a decent TT and relatively efficient speakers just in case the 3W tube DIYers show up. Maybe we can put a vinyl setup in the third room if enough gear shows up.

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 22, 2009
          I just finished a 120w KT88 amp I can bring.

          Equipment swapping sounds good. This is my first, what is A/Bintg?

          Paul

          To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
          From: oscar.e.bautista@...
          Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 02:39:12 +0000
          Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: Reminder: April 25 meeting

          Nothing specific in mind other than checking out the Von Schweikert Unifield-3s and some Electrocompaniet gear I've never heard before. There well be at least two (2) systems setup for starters; a combination of tubed and SS gear should be available plus it looks like additional speakers might show up. I have a bottom end TT, an estate sale record collection, recently acquired tubed phonostage, and a hmmmmmmmm problem I haven't solved yet so no promises on the vinyl side.

          I'm expecting a lot of equipment swapping and A/Bing to occur just like last time. Hopefully, someone will again tempt me with a decent tube amp to drive my speakers.

          I don't have a decent working vinyl setup (yet) so it should be mostly CD (or CD/SACD in my system). I'm hoping someone shows up with a decent TT and relatively efficient speakers just in case the 3W tube DIYers show up. Maybe we can put a vinyl setup in the third room if enough gear shows up.

          --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, Paul Stewart <musicman32150@ ...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > This get together on the 25th, what is plan? Is it just listening, although I would like to hear some vinyl setups.
          >
          > Some A-B switching would be great. I think it would be enlightening to see how BIG or subtle the differences are in tube, SS; records, CDs; and speakers. You almost have to switch back and fourth.
          >
          > I can bring some home brew interconnects, and I would like to see some other DIY cables.
          >
          > I have some audio stuff I can bring for trading or whatever collecting dust like the following, only if someone is interested:
          >
          > 1. Sennheiser ZP3 Impedance meter
          >
          > 2. Radioshack DB meter
          >
          > 3. Rolen Star Transducers, small 2lb solid metal speakers.
          >
          > http://www.invisibl estereo.com/
          > http://www.lederers .com/products/ soundmasking/ index.php
          >

          > ANY THOUGHTS!!!!
          >
          > Paul
          > To: dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com
          > From: ronh@...
          > Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:33:03 -0500
          > Subject: RE: [dallasaudioclub] Reminder: April 25 meeting

          > If I don't get booked on a job, I will be bringing my
          > Marantz Model 5's and my back willing, my Frazier Model 7
          > Speakers

          Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.
        • tim nickerson
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 23, 2009
            Oscar - I plan to come.

            Thanks for hosting this meeting.
            I won't be bringing any equipment.

            Tim
            Joined the Leisure Club !!!!

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 23, 2009
              I should be there as well. I have a high power tripath amp I could bring.
              Dan Steinfink

              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 23, 2009
                As of now I am bring my C chang speakers witch are single drivers and a dual turn table and a SS pre with a phono…I don't think I will have my ecowave speakers done by then…;-(

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 23, 2009
                  Looking forward to hearing the speakers.

                  Tim
                  Joined the Leisure Club !!!!

                  http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/dallasaudi oclub/photos/ album/760305472/ pic/642827824/ view?picmode= &mode=tn& order=ordinal& start=1&count= 20&dir=asc

                  --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, Dan Steinfink <docdan50@.. .> wrote:

                  > I should be there as well. I have a high power tripath amp I could
                  > bring.
                  > Dan Steinfink
                  > On Apr 23, 2009, at 8:44 AM, tim nickerson wrote:
                  >

                  > > Oscar - I plan to come.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks for hosting this meeting.
                  > > I won't be bringing any equipment.
                  > >
                  > > Tim
                  > > Joined the Leisure Club !!!!
                  > >
                  > > --- On Mon, 4/20/09, oscar_in_fw <oscar.e.bautista@ ...>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > From: oscar_in_fw <oscar.e.bautista@ ...>
                  > > Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Reminder: April 25 meeting
                  > > To: dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com
                  > > Date: Monday, April 20, 2009, 11:29 AM
                  > >
                  > > Saturday, April 25, noon-6pm (earlier/later times can be negotiated).
                  > > 1604 Ridgmar Boulevard
                  > > Fort Worth, TX 76116
                  > > 817-569-9315
                  > > oscar.e.bautista@ ...
                  > >
                  > > RSVPs w/ proposed equipment list would be appreciated (not required
                  > > but desired
                  > > for food/drink/equipmen t planning). BYOB. Money jar for food.
                  > >
                  > > I've got some Solid state gear showing up to drive a pair of
                  > > Unifield-3s or my VAs but I'd like to hear some more tubed stuff
                  > > (hint).
                  > >
                  > > Fair warning: I'm going to "taint" the meeting with a Mavs game HD
                  > > broadcast at 3:30pm on one or more displays. Hopefully, we'll be
                  > > celebrating a sweep of the Spurs. :)

                • Michael Willing
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 24, 2009
                    --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "oscar_in_fw" <oscar.e.bautista@...> wrote:

                    > Saturday, April 25, noon-6pm (earlier/later times can be negotiated).
                    > 1604 Ridgmar Boulevard
                    > Fort Worth, TX 76116
                    > 817-569-9315
                    > oscar.e.bautista@

                    RSVPs:

                    Oscar, I will be there. The last one you had we all had a great time. I will not be bringing any equipment.

                    Michael Willing

                    I really appreciate you putting this on. See Ya Saturday.