FS: Infinity RS 8 Kappa Excellent Condition (Allen)

  • Kofi Anim-Appiah
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2009
      I am the original owner of these - bought them brand new in 1991. They have been very, very well kept. It is unlikely that a pair of 8 Kappas in better cosmetic or sonic shape can be found anywhere. I'm selling them because I've decided to downsize to a pair of Infinity Renaissance 80. I have made the following modifications to them:

      1) Custom 2-way stands (feet) with spikes. "2-way" because the factory tilt can easily be removed by unbolting the feet and removing the shim that gives the factory tilt. This action will place the speakers exactly perpendicular to the floor.

      2) Woofers re-foamed about 4 years ago. All drivers are original.

      3) Crossover upgraded with Solen and Sonicap polypropylene capacitors. There are absolutely no electrolytic capacitors anywhere in the crossover network. Also, the level-control potentiometers have been bypassed with fixed Mills resistors. All internal wiring is Monster cable.

      4) Factory binding posts have been replaced with Edison-Price Copper binding posts.

      See pictures at http://home.roadrunner.com/~partialresponse/forsale/RS8Kappa/

      I have the original boxes and packaging (yes, I've kept them for all these years!) so there is no additional expense to box these. Please come by and listen to them if you'd like.

      These are rather heavy at about 95 lbs/speaker (boxed.)

      $749 OBO

      Thanks
      Kofi
      Allen

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2009
        Question,

        Does anyone have the box alignments for a Focal 10V5411 Ported?

        Paul

        To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
        From: partialresponse@...
        Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 16:27:01 -0500
        Subject: [dallasaudioclub] FS: Infinity RS 8 Kappa Excellent Condition (Allen)

[...]

        Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.