RE: [dallasaudioclub] Ushers at the April meeting ??

  • Blair Chapman
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6 11:30 AM
      I would not pencil me in as a definite as I have another obligation in Keller that day, but if I am able to come, I'll be bringing my DIY monoblocks. Pairing them up with efficient speakers is not necessary :) I would love to hear them with the Dodd battery pre....

      Blair

      To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
      From: oscar.e.bautista@...
      Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 18:22:53 +0000
      Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Ushers at the April meeting ??

      I vaguely recall getting an email from one of y'all suggesting a pair of speakers would show up using Usher components (?). Assuming I'm not hallucinating, I misplaced this email so please send me another email.

      If these and/or other speakers show up, I'll try to have setups going in 3 or 4 rooms (equipment permitting).

      Starting setups (?) (I suspect "equipment migration" to take place):

      My HT room:
      Vienna Acoustics speakers
      Meitner Switchman multichannel analog SS or Dodd battery tubed preamp
      Sony ES777
      Classe amps
      Kimber select ICs/speaker cables

      25x20 Living room (guest system):
      Von Schweikert Unifield-3 speakers

      http://www.electroc ompaniet. no/products/ integrated/ eci3.html

      http://www.electroc ompaniet. no/products/ digital/emc1- up.html
      MIT speaker cables/ICs

      9x11 room:
      Ushers (?)
      ?
      ?
      ?

      7x9 half of bedroom
      ?

      master BDR plasma for the videophile/non- audiophile- inclined.

      last time a ton of gear showed up. This time I'll have at least one extra room available. What's going to happen this time ? How much "filling in the blanks" should we do ahead of time ?

      Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.