Ushers at the April meeting ??

  • oscar_in_fw
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2009
      I vaguely recall getting an email from one of y'all suggesting a pair of speakers would show up using Usher components (?). Assuming I'm not hallucinating, I misplaced this email so please send me another email.

      If these and/or other speakers show up, I'll try to have setups going in 3 or 4 rooms (equipment permitting).

      Starting setups (?) (I suspect "equipment migration" to take place):

      My HT room:
      Vienna Acoustics speakers
      Meitner Switchman multichannel analog SS or Dodd battery tubed preamp
      Sony ES777
      Classe amps
      Kimber select ICs/speaker cables

      25x20 Living room (guest system):
      Von Schweikert Unifield-3 speakers

      http://www.electrocompaniet.no/products/integrated/eci3.html

      http://www.electrocompaniet.no/products/digital/emc1-up.html
      MIT speaker cables/ICs

      9x11 room:
      Ushers (?)
      ?
      ?
      ?

      7x9 half of bedroom
      ?

      master BDR plasma for the videophile/non-audiophile-inclined.

      last time a ton of gear showed up. This time I'll have at least one extra room available. What's going to happen this time ? How much "filling in the blanks" should we do ahead of time ?
    • Blair Chapman
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2009
        I would not pencil me in as a definite as I have another obligation in Keller that day, but if I am able to come, I'll be bringing my DIY monoblocks. Pairing them up with efficient speakers is not necessary :) I would love to hear them with the Dodd battery pre....

        Blair

        To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
        From: oscar.e.bautista@...
        Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 18:22:53 +0000
        Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Ushers at the April meeting ??

[...]

        Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.