Re: $699 Elite 80 tiube amplifier?

  • jimrivers3
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 6, 2009
      Hi Frank,
      jim is selling or giving away all his DIY and audio gear so I can focus on health issues. It's time to stop building and just listen to music and watch home theater. jim...
      --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@...> wrote:

      > Whats Jim been up to anyway??? Has anyone heard from him?
      >
      > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Iv had lots of Jims amps in the past and yes they do sound good...I just came across this webpage and thought it was a good deal and appears to be good build...
      > >

      > > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "Via" <jvia@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > They are "pretty" good deals if you are wanting to buy new, However, I would get ahold of someone like Jim Rivers and buy a pair of his Dyna MK III'd for about the same $ that have been properly modded and will hold their value pretty much as long as you have them.

    • Blair Chapman
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 6, 2009
        He is using third person also.....

        Hope all is well Jim.

        Blair

        To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
        From: jimrivers3@...
        Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 14:24:30 +0000
        Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: $699 Elite 80 tiube amplifier?

        Hi Frank,
        jim is selling or giving away all his DIY and audio gear so I can focus on health issues. It's time to stop building and just listen to music and watch home theater. jim...
        --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@. ..> wrote:

        > Whats Jim been up to anyway??? Has anyone heard from him?
        >
        > --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Iv had lots of Jims amps in the past and yes they do sound good...I just came across this webpage and thought it was a good deal and appears to be good build...
        > >

        > > --- In dallasaudioclub@ yahoogroups. com, "Via" <jvia@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > They are "pretty" good deals if you are wanting to buy new, However, I would get ahold of someone like Jim Rivers and buy a pair of his Dyna MK III'd for about the same $ that have been properly modded and will hold their value pretty much as long as you have them.

      • jimrivers3
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 6, 2009
          Hi Blair,
          I feel great. But am putting DIY behind me. Or trying at least. jim...

          --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, Blair Chapman <blair_4@...> wrote:

          > He is using third person also.....
          >

          > Hope all is well Jim.
          >

          > Blair
          >

          > To: dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com
          > From: jimrivers3@...
          > Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 14:24:30 +0000
          > Subject: [dallasaudioclub] Re: $699 Elite 80 tiube amplifier?
          >

          > Hi Frank,
          > jim is selling or giving away all his DIY and audio gear so I can focus on health issues. It's time to stop building and just listen to music and watch home theater. jim...
          > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Whats Jim been up to anyway??? Has anyone heard from him?
          > >
          > > --- In dallasaudioclub@yahoogroups.com, "bearhifi" <bear.hifi@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Iv had lots of Jims amps in the past and yes they do sound good...I just came across this webpage and thought it was a good deal and appears to be good build...

        • bearhifi
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 6, 2009
            Its good to hear from you Jim...Hope to see you at the meet.

            Frank